I affectionately dubbed the new house "Cliffgate" the first time we drove up the long, mountainous driveway, and the name stuck.

I will spare everyone the long and painful details of JUST HOW DISASTROUS this move was -- there's not enough antidepressants to cheer you all up afterward. The movers couldn't get their trucks up our long steep driveway AFTER they were loaded with every.single.thing.we.owned. -- and Mother Nature was not cooperating with all this Polar Vortex business. We had to spend 6 days total at my MIL's with two toddlers and no stuff. We survived. I'm just thankful we had somewhere to go.
And WHO moves in January anyway???
The big move finally happened last Saturday and we are still trying to find our way out of boxes.
I am loving our new home. When I first found it back in October, we knew it wouldn't happen overnight. It was a bank-owned property that had been sitting vacant. The previous owners custom built the home, and we are told, sadly left due to divorce. They had a young set of twins and the house is laid out SO nicely for small children, with room to grow. (Play dates anyone?) You can definitely tell they put a lot of thought and detail into their dream home.
I'm leery of doing a complete house tour (even though I live for those on other blogs!) because of weirdos out there. Paranoid much? Maybe a little. Thank goodness for a high tech alarm system.
So here are a few pics taken from the listing when it was active. (Plus it's a mess right now)
![]() |
| The foyer. And ignore that builder grade light fixture because it's getting evicted. |
![]() |
| I am lusting after the RH Orb for the foyer but the Husband is not excited to shell out any more money after our billion dollar move. |
![]() |
| The kitchen, which I am terribly unqualified to cook in. I heart gas stoves. And 2 ovens? That's a lot of cookies I can bake at once. The white pendants above the island have been replaced. |
![]() |
| The great room with the sad little fireplace. I'm campaigning for some built-ins and big stone wall all the way up to the ceiling, but again, Bank of Husband is resisting. |
![]() |
| The master bath & closet. The water pressure is amazing. It goes from "trickle" to "take your skin off". I love it. |
![]() |
| A similar view of the great room with previous owner's stuff, but this shows the catwalk upstairs that I can only imagine MoJo launching toys (or eachother) off of. |
The yard and driveway need major work. Like excavators and engineers and more than just me & a shovel can handle. We have nearly 6 acres and it's a mountain. We've had several bids and let's just say MoJo are going to grow up eating Ramen noodles and living off the land and *gasp!* going to public school.
Kidding. Sort of.
I'm still getting used to the idea of being out in the country, away from civilization. There's a WalMart 3 minutes away, but I don't count that, haha. I just miss our old town and will continue to drive Morgan to preschool there twice a week. It's only a 20 minute drive so it's not too bad. And it gives me an excuse to visit Target!
Other than all that, the place was in great shape and we feel so lucky to have found it. It's the only house we looked at, and the first time we took a tour, I just "knew" it was the one: I could see our kids growing up here.
Anyway, that's the story on the house and what I've been totally consumed with lately. The kids are adjusting just great - they have bedrooms next to each other and they have really started playing a lot more together. I can't wait for spring so we can get outside and explore. Everything is an adventure to them and I just love seeing it through their eyes.









GORGEOUS! I'm loving the chandelier also, gotta love RH.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I wish I didn't love RH so much.
DeleteTammy, the new home is lovely! SO excited for you! I know that you will have so much fun decorating it, even if it does take a while:) Also, I think that the RH Orb would definitely be a good 'investment' for your foyer. Maybe if Bank of Husband saw it that way, he would agree too - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I like the way you think ;-)
DeleteWow! Congrats! Those floors are to die for! What's up with those original lights though?! I'm hoping they had good stuff and replaced it with Lowe's specials before they moved.... Anyways, what a fun project for you! I'm sure you're pulling all-nighters on Pinterest and Houzz!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know I've been blowing up Pinterest & Houzz, lol! I need Amy Flores, Interior Decorator to make a house visit STAT. So excited to decorate! And yeah, the light fixtures and all the cabinet hardware came straight from Lowe's. The cabinets are driving me nuts bc they turn and it's very disconcerting to my OCD tendencies!
DeleteSo pretty!! I love it!!! I think we are going to start looking in a few months!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Good luck on the hunt - that's a big part of the fun (at least for me!)
DeleteIt's GORGEOUS! And that kitchen is like a dream! Love it.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I do love the kitchen and will love it even more when I unbury it, haha!
DeleteAh mazing! So excited for you! I totally want to see a full house tour! Darn creepers ruin all the fun haha!
ReplyDeleteI can verbally paint you a picture: Bedrooms that are all beige. Bathrooms that are all beige. And a big concrete/unfinished basement, ha! I know, I'm a total creeper myself.
DeleteI love it!!!! So glad you found something you can grow with too. So basically yay for never moving again right?? And all those changes you want to make will come in time - the fireplace and built ins, and everything else too. The driveway sounds like one of those "we have to do it, but it's not nearly as fun as a new stone fireplace" type of deals... I understand. Beautiful home!!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Yes, I am going to die here (at least that's what I told the Hubs). Why can't we just pay for the fun pretty projects and ignore the rest? ;-)
DeleteWow, it's beautiful! And I'm sure even more beautiful now that you guys are in and getting your stuff all in place. We'll be over for a play date tomorrow ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Now that you have more time on your hands, you can load up the mini van and drive on down! I'll have food & drinks waiting ;-)
DeleteBeautiful! So glad you are back to blogging.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Me too :-)
DeleteLOVE it!!! Such a gorgeous home and fantastic kitchen! Have so much fun decorating. Also, glad to see you back ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I probably won't be cranking anything out of that kitchen that's in the same league as the #mottkitchen! (I wish!)
DeleteIM DYING!!!!!! Congratulations friend, its absolutely stunning!
ReplyDelete