27 February 2014

Not All Who Wander...

...Are lost.

Or have busted out of their crib.  Just my kid.

 The other morning, I'm getting ready after my shower and I hear Joey on the monitor.  He's just woken up and babbling in his crib.  I hurry to finish getting ready before I go upstairs to get him.  Only, before I can finish what I'm doing, I hear "Hey Mommy?  Hey Mommy?" and it sounds A LOT closer than on the monitor.  He was out in the hallway of the upstairs, walking back and forth, hollering at me through the railing.  What. The.
 I never heard a thud, or anything that sounded like I child heaving himself out of the crib.  I was totally shocked (and a little creeped out - I don't know why but the thought of my children roaming freely throughout the house when I think they're in bed scares the living daylights out of me.  I'll probably legit have a heart attack when they walk up to me when I'm in bed asleep!)
"Here, have some blue cupcake and get over the fact that I can jump of my crib Ma."
My friend Mica said maybe he'd forget, and so far, it seems he has because he hasn't tried it again.  But just in case, we are taking the frame out of his crib and putting his mattress on the ground.  That oughtta prevent another escape.  I'm not ready for him to be in a toddler bed just yet.
Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. Hahaha. It definitely gives me a heart attack every time that Sydney comes and touches me to wake me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you girl, get a toddler sleep sack. It kept McKinlee I her crib for a good 9 months after she climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I need to check them out. I'm worried he'll go ape if it's too restrictive? Did u have that problem?

      Delete
  3. How can you be mad at that sweet face?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am NOT looking forward to the days when my little man figures out how to climb out of his crib. Definitely not. My days of peace are numbered, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think Kase has attempted this yet, which surprises me. He is a climber and risk taker. And then there's Kyla...complete opposite. She climbs into his crib every morning, but can't get out. She's too chicken to climb out. One of these days I'm sure Kase will show her how it's done. I can't imagine Kase walking into my bedroom, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I can't believe he got out without making a sound!! I agree with you, the thought of opening my eyes and someone (even my own child) standing there staring at me freaks me out! I know it shouldn't but darn it, it just does!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!