I sent my trainer/friend/cousin's-wife-by-marriage (got all that?) these pictures via text with a message saying "I need to look good in these":
| Victoria's Secret |
And then 2 days later I sent her this pic with a text that said "I have a sickness" ha!:
| Their pizza is AMAZING. And I can't just quit our Friday night tradition of pizza & beer night, now can I? |
I've been eating pretty clean (fruit, veggies, lean protein, etc.) & trying to cut back my beer/pizza addiction. But it's hard when the little monsters drive me to drink by 4pm most days. I usually put out an SOS text around 5:30 to the Hubs, knowing it will still be a while til he gets home from work. Once I discovered there are 250 calories in EACH bottle of my new favorite beer, I decided the calories weren't worth it and to only have one occasionally now. Womp Womp.
I realized a few days ago I've been trying to lose 10 pounds. SINCE JANUARY. Whining out loud to my husband was rather pathetic, because I realized I wasn't really "trying". Going to Pilates 2x per week is something, but not enough. Especially when I'm eating clean only maybe 40% of the time if I'm being honest?
Part of my dilemma is WHEN to work out. This season in life offers me two choices: Either before the kids wake up (so it would have to be 5:30am) or after they go to bed at 8pm, and by then - I'm totally spent. I guess I have to get up earlier if I want it bad enough?
I've been trying to get in more cardio on my elliptical, aiming for a minimum of 45 minutes, 3x/per week. I started watching Parenthood as a series to get into to forget about the fact that I'm working out ; ) I've also been switching it up with my Pilates -- and joining in some strength/sculpting classes, incorporating some TRX stuff, tried a Barrelates class (hello sore thighs!), and did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Lifting heavier weights... I guess I'm looking for a way to stay motivated and keep it interesting so I don't get bored.
I also started texting a friend that is in the same boat as me - she wants to be held accountable. We both have 2 little kids and we felt like if one of us was exercising, that should make the other person feel like they don't have an excuse not to get moving that day ; )
One thing that's no longer working for me is putting the kids in the stroller and going for long walks because the mobile one ALWAYS wants out to walk on her own now. And pick up every stick, leaf & dandelion in our path, lol. It's nice to get out of the house, but can't really count it as working out (I used to push them up and around the hills in our neighborhood - it's about 80 pounds altogether, so that has to be burning a few calories?)
So what are you doing these days to stay motivated & moving while still keeping it interesting?



This is sooooo why I got involved with advocare. It's like one massive accountability community. It's what I needed to get and stay going :) it's what keeps me sane
ReplyDeleteI am way excited to try their stuff! You've made amazing progress and are an inspiration!!
Deletedoes the bathing suit bottoms from Vicky's give u love handles? I was eye balling them online, but I didn't know if they would make my love handles look awful
ReplyDeleteThe BEST bottoms are the foldover (hot coral ones) bottoms. They are so forgiving! The string-tie side ones are next best bc you can loosen the strings. The shirred-side (white/multi colored ones in my pic) probably take 3rd place bc they do squeeze a little more. Not bad enough to make me send them back though, and they are my motivation to work harder ; ) I've found Target suits, no matter how cute on the hanger, have the WORST bottoms for that particular reason.
DeleteI feel like I could have written this exact post. Except I am nowhere close to wearing a bikini.
ReplyDeleteI was doing well when I worked a few hours at the gym because I could take the kids to the daycare and work out. Well now I'm done working there so I'm back to saying I'll go on the treadmill after they go to bed and then am too tired. I am ok with my weight, but I just really need to tone up.
Kyla is the exact same way now with the stroller. She throws a fit if I tell her she has to stay in there. Ugh!
Ship your kids over to play a couple days a week and I will watch them for you so you can workout and then when I ship them back, I'll send my two too. Sound good?
Sounds good to me. If we sent them by bus, it will take a long time so we'll get lots of "Me Time" in between, lol!!
DeleteOh friend, you have great motivation...can I have 1/10 of it? I have my insanity DVDs on my counter ready to begin but don't have 60 extra minutes in my day. And don't mind my meals that are on the go and no where close to clean. Im proud of you for making goals...not easy with two small kiddos!
ReplyDeleteGirl, you just had a baby like a minute ago! I'd say if you are able to walk with the boys in the stroller every now and then, that's a win! I know at 2 months out I was still in survival mode. Those first few months are a beast!
DeleteYou look great, I'm sure! I need to do something definitely. Even though the baby weight is gone, the baby pooch is still in full effect. I have started drinking lots of smoothies pakced full of good things to make sure I'm getting proper nutrition, and I stopped eating fast food. I have issues also with finding time to work out.
ReplyDeleteI LOOOVE healthy smoothies! Good job on the stopping fast food, that crap is pure evil.
DeleteI tried to post earlier but my phone wouldn't let me!! Yay for fitness motivation! We just went to the beach and blech
ReplyDeleteDid I look awful in my bikini!! My gym is offering a 1 month boot camp with nutrition plan so I started that Mon. (Just blogged about it too!) We will see how it goes. You are awesome for setting goals and eating clean when you can!! Lets keep up with each other on this :) I personally think you always look amazing!!!!
ReplyDelete