Joey turned 9 Months old last week!
It is so much fun watching his little personality unfold with each day.
The big news of Month 9 is that he is ON THE MOVE! He army crawls everywhere. He gets up on all fours and rocks, will even attempt a crawl or two, but usually topples over. He doesn't give up though! He also just started making this face in the pics below...probably just the past week or so. Cracks me up!
He is nothing, if not determined!
When he's not on the move inching and dragging his little body around, he LOVES being in his walker. He can zoom all over the house - forward, backward, through doorways, in and outta rooms. Sometimes, I can' t find him right away, ha!
Other news of Month 9: We "manned up" his room a bit. We swapped furniture with Morgan, who now has the white set. We also added some jungle animal wall decals (apparently we like the big tree since Morgan has one too). The white poms still need to be taken down, but I sorta like them ; )
| Nevermind my chronic photobomber...although she is awfully cute. |
| Still want to add some things to this wall, just not sure what yet. |
| You woke me from my nap for sunshine & grass? |
Speaking of teeth: He has 2 on the bottom and the top 2 have cut through.
| See my top two teefers? |
We have been more adventurous with food this month. He is eating 3 meals of solids per day and usually 4 bottles per day, anywhere from 4-8 ounces. He's been trying more and more soft pieces of food such as steamed broccoli, pancakes, crackers, puffs, scrambled eggs, and avocado. He seems to like it all!
He LOVES getting in on whatever Morgan is doing or playing with. I see some fights in our future...actually, I've had to referee a few times already!
| My Monkey! NO! MINE! |
He always has the BIGGEST smile on his face when I come get him out of his crib in the mornings. He usually sleeps from 7:30 or 8pm until about 7am. No complaints here!
And now for a few actual "9 MONTH" shots:
Every month gets harder & harder to try to capture a shot. You don't even want to know how many shots I took this time!!
But he is just too darn cute....I may be biased ; )
Speaking of him not sitting still for even a hot second, changing his diaper is an all-out battle. It's terrible. It's a wrestling match every time and boy, is he STRONG. We try to distract him with a toy (or a tube of diaper cream or whatever's handy) but he still manages to flip & attempt to high-dive off the changing table. Yes, he gets strapped down and yes, he hates it.
Also, when holding him? He does NOT STOP BOUNCING. Unless he's asleep.
Some FIRSTS:
- His first time away from Mommy & Daddy at the beginning of March when they went to Gatlinburg for 4 days. Nana took good care of him & his sissy.
- His first St. Patrick's Day
- His first Easter
- He moved up to the bigger car seat, still rear-facing.
- He rode in a shopping cart in the seat (strapped) for the first time.
He is wearing mostly all 12 month size clothing now. I just bought him some more clothes at the recent online GAP sale...40% makes it worth it. I've been loving the stuff I've gotten for both him & Morgan from there - so soft and durable.
He loves exploring and will "sing" if I sing to him, although these are nothing new.
I had to reschedule his dr. appt. from last week to this week, so we'll find out then what he weighs.
We just love him to pieces....he is the sweetest boy I've ever known!!!!



Aww, I love them in their bunny pj's! And that face he's making in the first couple pictures? SO funny! Kase isn't on the move yet, but I think he will be soon.
ReplyDeleteI just can't get over his awesome blue eyes. They are going to break many girls hearts some day I think. Happy 9 months cute boy!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a handsome little man! New follower!
ReplyDeletewordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com