01 April 2013

Easter 2013

Overall this Easter was so fun with our little family of 4.  I was just happy Joe wasn't on call this weekend and could be with us.

Saturday we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at Tower Park.  Nobody forewarned me that we should've arrived the night before and camped out.  Since I'm not from here, I need to learn all the ins & outs of this little town.  Anyway, I read in the paper there were going to be over 12,000 eggs hidden for the kids.  It was to start at 12:00 and the Easter Bunny would be there!  We showed up at 12:05 (by the time we were able to get dropped off & make our way through the crowds to get to Morgan's age group).

NOT. A. SINGLE. EGG. LEFT.

Merely a small fraction of the number of people who came out for the Egg Hunt.
I really had to reign in MY inner 2-year old tantrum that was brewing.  I was so irritated!!  All the hype (I'd been talking it up to her all morning) for nothing. *sigh*  

Morgan didn't know what was going on, so she just started collecting leaves, haha.  A nice gentleman saw we had missed out and offered us an egg.  So we went home with ONE egg.  A Pity Egg, lol.  Morgan didn't realize til the ride home that there was even anything inside, ha!  So her day was made!
Kissing her single egg

One of the many leaves she collected
 I quickly tried to get over my disappointment and was reminded that we got out as a family and got to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.  Morgan still had fun. That's all that matters to me.  I finally quit giving the stinkeye to all the little kids walking around with 200 eggs in their multiple grocery bags.  Hmmph.

Moving on....We went out to eat Saturday night at Outback -- with the kids -- and THAT was probably not the best idea.  Long story short, our food took forever (we were there for almost 2 HOURS), and the kids were CRAZY.  Screaming, thrashing, throwing things.  We know we have a small window of about 45 minutes when we're out with them, but this was nuts!  I don't blame them though...I had my wine to occupy the time.  That, and picking up knives, plates, toys, crayons and anything else they could get their hands on.  They were B-O-R-E-D!

The manager came by to apologize 3 times.  They did end up giving us our appetizer for free & 1/2 off one of our meals, so that always helps ; )

How old does she look here?!?!
 I finally pulled out my last weapon of sanity:  My iPhone.  Morgan was supposed to be playing with her little games on it, but instead decided to take about 20 pictures EACH of the next two scenes....too funny!


Sunday morning we hid baskets for the kids and helped Morgan find them - so fun!  Then later on, we went to Joe's Aunt's house for dinner.  She puts on a big Easter Egg Hunt for the kids.  Luckily there were only about 6 or 7 other kids to hunt against, and most of them helped Morgan gather eggs.  They are really the sweetest kids.  Morgan had the best time!
Freshly awake from her nap.  Would NOT look at mommy/the camera for anything.


 I kept Joey inside and we'd walk out onto the deck to watch Morgan during the Egg Hunt.  It was chilly & windy and he was really tired.  I was happy to snuggle up with him.






I learned the hard way that you really shouldn't let your toddler have as much chocolate as they want.  She doesn't get candy hardly ever, so I thought "Why not?  It's a holiday!"  Um, BAD IDEA.  Morgan wouldn't go to bed til 10:30pm last night!!  She was SO wound up.  Joey was his usual go-with-the-flow laid-back self.  Although he did wake around 2am screaming, which is SO unlike him.  I think his teeth are bothering him because his top tooth has just begun to poke through.  He turned 9 months last week - and EEEK! - I have yet to get his 9 month post written.

I hope everyone had a safe & Happy Easter.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to dump out the kids baskets that were over flowing!! wish we could have ran into each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I naively thought I might run into you there, haha!! I'm thinking of finding a smaller one for next year.

      Delete
  2. That egg hunt is out of control! You are so right - Morgan looks so old in that picture. She's so cute! And they are both adorable in their Easter outfits. You have a pretty darn cute family lady!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!