This week has been a complete circus. Pure chaos. I feel like I am barely surviving. Things HAD been going really great too...
To sum it up, all within the past week:
- Joey catapulted himself out the front door in his walker - and smashed his head into the brick wall. The walker then tipped over and he hit his face on the cement step. All in all, he was scraped up and had a bloody mouth - bumped a tooth that's about to come through. I'm constantly checking it to make sure it's not dead.
- Later that night, I was putting Joey in the wagon for a walk. I didn't see Morgan when she walked in front of me and I totally plowed her over. Into the cement. More scraped baby skin. More blood.
- This same night, Morgan started having "attacks" where she started screaming & crying "It HURTS, Mommy It hurts!" We could get her to confirm it hurts "down there". We've been to the doctor & ruled out a UTI. For which they had to catheterize her to get a urine sample. It took 3 of us to hold her down and she almost vomited (I could hear & smell it coming). I thought I was going to pass out (and I've cath'd plenty of people in my nursing days! But not my baby girl...I've also had it done to me with my 2 c-sections, and one of them I wasn't anesthetized yet. Better believe that shizz hurts.)
- So we're still trying to figure this mystery out, and it's day #3. No fever. Poor appetite. NOT PEEING - she seriously had a DRY diaper in the morning after wearing it 13 hours?! - unless I put her in the tub or pour warm water on her while she sits on the potty. She's miserable, crying a lot, clinging to me and just wanting to be held.
- Both kids have EXTRAORDINARILY snotty noses. I've never seen anything like it. I will have juuuust wiped it, and the other one's already got snot full-on dripping over their mouth, down their chin!? But no other cold-like symptoms, so I still think it's allergies.
- Joey's been a maniac. If you hold him, he jumps & thrashes around, smacking you, scratching you, all while laughing. No more cuddly-sweet baby :( He plows over our feet with his walker. He chases me around the house thinking it's hilarious! Basically he is kicking my ass single-handedly.
- While I'm busy dodging him, Morgan is still whining/crying/wanting to be held.
- I finally saw a Physical Therapist for my neck pain since I injured it a few weeks ago and he diagnosed me with a sprained neck. And a bunch of other back/hip issues that are post-partum related. Awesome.
- And I have no pictures for this post. Hmmph.
All that doesn't sound so bad when I read it, but there's just been no pleasing anyone this week. And nobody wants to eat what I fix them. (Except the hubs...he's been amazing. Even offered me his car to just get away. I told him "If I leave, I promise you, I won't come back!" A little dramatic? Maybe.) Forget about getting anything like laundry or dishes accomplished.
In better news:
- it's warmed up nicely here. And to think we WERE gonna get out of the house! Ha! HAHA!
- I took a respite day yesterday; suckered the babysitter to come over (pretty sure she's never coming back, lol) and went to a movie & lunch with a friend. I needed that. Just being away a couple of hours refreshed my soul. I also went to visit a friend & her new baby boy in the hospital, but I had to rush home so my babysitter could get to class. I would've loved to have stayed and snuggled that sweet pea all afternoon!
- Joey's getting the hang of crawling on all 4's. He's a little clumsy, but he's getting it!
- Daddy's finally off this weekend, ending his 12-day call stretch (HALLELUJAH!).
- We are making summer plans to travel and I. Can't. Wait.
I promise I won't complain as much in my next post ; )



Oh girl, I hate to hear that it's been so rough lately. When it rains, it pours, huh? I hate that poor Morgan is in pain and they can't figure out what it is! I hope that sweet baby feels better soon. Hugs to you Momma! Hopefully next week will be better!
ReplyDeleteSending good thoughts your way! Hadley had a UTI at 11 months old but hers came with a 106 temp! We had a grand time in the emergency room getting that cath as well :( Poor girl. I also hear ya on the back pains- It's time for me to go see someone but I know I have problems from back to back pregnancies and I complain about it constantly :/ Here's hoping for a good weekend for you and the fam!
ReplyDeleteWe had the same issue with Kinlee on Monday. she kept trying to pee saying "booty hurts", and she was running a fever. I tried to get her to pee in a cup at the doc but he kept saying it hurt, so they had to cath her. I cried! all her tests were normal as well, and her fever on Monday was up to 105!!! Tuesday she woke up perfectly normal and peeing with no fever! crazy!
ReplyDeletepraying you figure out what is wrong with mo
What a crummy week! I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend and things are getting better for everyone!
ReplyDelete