08 April 2013

Life Lately

I haven't felt like blogging lately...probably because there's not a lot exciting going on.  Just every day life, ya know?  The weather has finally warmed up and is supposed to be in the 80's this week.  And then down to the 50's again, but whatever.

I've been trying to get the kids outside every day since the weather has warmed up.  They have both started sneezing a lot and having runny little noses, so I fear they might have seasonal allergies.  But they LOVE being outside.  The fresh air does everyone good!

But first...they both had checkups last week.

Morgan, at 25 1/2 months weighed 25.4 pounds and is 33.75 inches tall.  Very healthy, right on track.  I was informed her 2 year molars are about to come in.  Great...

She is in a phase where she will ONLY wear her DO-WAH (Dora) shoes and a HOWT (Heart) in her hair.
Joey went a couple of days later.  He weighed in at 21.25 pounds (I was close guesstimating him at 22 pounds) and is 29 inches tall now.  So you see there's only about a 4 pound weight difference between the two!  She's in a size 5 shoe, he's in a size 4 (already!).  They both wear size 3 diapers.  Makes life easier on me. 

Joey got another round of his Hep B Vaccination and a finger poke for Hemoglobin/Iron levels.  He is healthy!
 As mentioned, we've been getting outside.  If you follow me on Instagram (tkremer) these are repeats.
 Joey loves flying down the driveway in his walker.  Then I get to push him back up the driveway so he can do it all over again.  That face!  He's tearing up his shoes AND the walker, but he has SO much fun doing it, I don't care.  This is life with a boy, I'm guessing?
Little Sassy here is helping herself to the pantry, as usual.  I'm gonna have to put a lock on that door!
 I'm back to healthy eating, for the most part.  We tried out a new(er) pizza joint last week (Strong's Brick Oven) and it was SO good!  The next night, we had Smashburgers.  So I was needing to detox a little, lol.
Spinach, greek yogurt, strawberries, kiwi & a splash of almond milk.  YUMMY.  Even Morgan loves this.
I've been working out more, on my own, plus still doing Pilates & Strength training twice a week.  I'm finally seeing a little teeny bit of muscles.  **Note the ankle biter in the photo below.**  We started playing around and she BIT my thigh.  Broke the skin.  Man that hurt!  I scared her enough with my spastic reaction, I didn't need to scold her.  I could tell she felt bad.  I still explained (again) that we don't bite.  Hitting's been a real problem too lately.  She's been in timeout a fair amount in recent days.
Lately, whenever she's in trouble, she immediately yells for her blankies ("Backies?!")  It's like her security/comfort thing right now.  About once a week, I man Operation Steal Blankies for Washing.  It's tough to sneak them out of her sight for an hour!

Joey in his Reds outfit w/Dada.  So cute.  Love these boys.
Me & my girl before our big grocery shopping outing.  Since I had both kids and got more groceries than I originally planned, they nice peeps at Kroger put it all in a 2nd cart for me and took it out to my car.  So helpful!
 I wasn't looking for a hot second and Joey inch-wormed his way out to the back porch.  (I'm serious when I say I can't find him all the time, lol!).  He had to crawl over the patio door entrance; I was impressed!  He was filthy ; )
 Morgan is definitely bored.  I'm trying to come up with new activities for us to do.  Found these washable paint dobbers at Michael's and so far, they're a hit.
Morgan helping Daddy dry his car.  She loves to help!
I'm looking for fun things for us to do this spring & summer.  I realized I've gotten better at taking them both out & about as long as one or both kids can be contained in a stroller or shopping cart, ha!  I like my Ergo carrier, but Morgan ALWAYS needs to be picked up at some point.  Lately, when we're outside, she likes to take off (toward the busy street) or not come in when I say it's time to come in.  So it's tough to carry both of them all the time...all nearly 50 pounds of them.  One day I'll miss this phase, right?

On another note, while we're at home, I'm finding it harder to leave them out of my sight, even to go to the bathroom.  They are always up to something and I'm always cleaning up a new mess, separating a fight, or soothing somebody's boo-boo.  I wish I had all their energy!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling the same way about not being able to leave the room. Usually I can shower and leave them both with cartoons. But Kase is moving all over the place and I'm paranoid he'll get to something he shouldn't and put it in his mouth. Plus Kyla thinks it's funny to lay on him lately. So he now has to lay in his crib with the mobile on while Mama showers!

    We just got those same markers. Kyla loves them. It was in the 60's today, but we were stuck inside with a horrible cough for Kyla and an allergic reaction for Kase. Ahhhh!

    You look awesome! I wish I could wear those cute blue leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinlee only weighs 21 lbs :). The walker in the driveway is always a huge hit. I used to pull my car sideways at the end of the driveway to keep then from running towards the street

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!