24 February 2014

Morgan's 3rd Birthday Bash

I forgot just how much I love to throw a good party, and this one was SO much fun!

Saturday late afternoon, we hosted about 40 family members and a couple of our friends (who also have young children) over to celebrate our sweet girl turning 3.  We also invited our new neighbors across the road - their little girl is in Morgan's preschool class and I see them every Tuesday and Thursday -- small world.  We went through a lot of food, a TON of beer and lots of bottles of wine.  Sunday was rough for this old lady, but we had friends staying the weekend and we all just lounged around while the kids played.  It was perfect.

Anyway, I didn't get many pictures because I was busy conducting house tours and having fun talking to everyone!  The birthday girl had a BLAST.

My dear husband wanted to be in charge of the cake and he did an incredible job! 

We had Chick-Fil-A catered (her favorite) and I swear every last crumb of food got eaten.


Her gift from her cousins was a Plasma Car. SO. MUCH. FUN.  Though I may have been a little too lenient letting them drive it all over the hard wood floors because now they're all scratched to hell.  Oh well.

By Sunday night she just couldn't keep her eyes open any longer.

I've learned turning 3 means a whole lotta crowns/tiaras/sparkly shoes/sunglasses/and Minnie Mouse EVERYTHING.  She insisted on the birdie shirt before her party, then switched to her Minnie Mouse (Halloween Costume) dress for the party.  As long as she was happy, I didn't care.
We love this little sweetheart more than we can express!  
I'm off to continue cleaning my house...it's been an all-day affair but I'd do it again in a heartbeat for my sweet girl.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Glad Morgan had a good birthday:) I know she must have just loved all the Minnie Mouse going on:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party! Same thing happened to my floors. Ugh. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!