15 December 2010

Yay! It's A.......

Surprise. Still. I held out and didn't find out the sex of our baby at our ultrasound today! (Actually Joe covered my eyes with his hands to ensure I wouldn't look, but I still consider it a personal victory in willpower).

Everything looked great and completely normal. The little peanut was moving around a lot and loved to flash the hands around. I kept thinking "Jazz Hands!" and then kept giggling to myself. There was one part where the baby wouldn't cooperate -- and that was for the tech to measure the cerebellum. She said they would look the next time I come back in 4 weeks and not to be concerned.

He or She is head down and WOULD NOT budge except to stretch out and extend the neck back. I guess this explains why I have so much pressure on my bladder lately.

Oh, and at the end of the ultrasound, I asked the tech "So you can tell, with certainty, the sex of our baby?" She said "Yep" and smiled and tried to look away so her face wouldn't give anything away. So we'll see!  I shared with her that I have had two dreams already it's a boy.  But then again, I also dreamt I gave birth to a baby deer with antlers....so we really can't rely on my dreams.

My OB told me today I'm boring. That was the best news I could've asked for, ha ha!

Here's a pic of my little one growing inside. I can't believe how big he/she is!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello 2010... I'm not making dinner, instead I decided to take a look back at the beginning of my friend's little blog :) And I cannot believe your OB told you that you were boring the first time too! Let's let him/her know that their predictions for pregnancy boringness give false hope! So fun to see you a few years ago - you look so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Girl you are cracking me up! I suppose I look different because of 3 things: Bangs, got fat being pregnant with a GIRL, and oh yeah, I was younger, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!