02 December 2013

Blessed

How is it December?  A few random updates for future me...and anyone else who might care.


We had a great Thanksgiving spent with family at my Mother-In-Law's.  I was charged with bringing sweet potatoes and being the details-lacking scatterbrain I am, I messed up the "gourmet" recipe.  The good news is, they're pretty hard to screw up and they still tasted pretty bangin.

I'm trying to not be a Grinch....but lots of little things have been popping up/going wrong lately.  And then I get all screamy with the kids and feel terrible.  Like the photos we had scheduled for the kids for Christmas.  It was an epic failure.  They didn't cooperate even a little bit, so I'll be surprised if we get anything to work with.  Oh well.  They still looked super cute.  The photographer was right, the lighting in the late afternoon was gorg.  But we knew the kids would be supergrumps.  Here's the sneak peeks she sent me....they might be the best she got.


And our reclaimed barnwood table from Arhaus is splitting APART.  Luckily, they agree with me that the damage is unacceptable and after a year of owning it, they're replacing the entire table.

My red one-shoulder number that I was so excited about for this week's holiday party arrived today.  Only they shipped me the WRONG dress.  Fortunately, a quick phone call got it straightened out and the correct one should be on my doorstep tomorrow (AND it had gone on sale? Score!)  Yet another reason I heart Nordy's.

Our tree went up - with the help of my little elves.  For every ornament I hung, Joey removed 3 and Morgan relocated 3.  It was interesting.
 And these two FOUGHT and FOUGHT and FOUGHT.  All. Weekend. Long.  Lordy.  So Joey got his first timeout.  He kept running away so we're gonna have to figure something out.  Duct tape?

Our Elf on the Shelf - who has been named Jimmy (?) arrived.  I'm glad my children are too young to expect too much from that whole deal.  He might not move every night, he's a lazy little elf.


I've been hitting the Pilates hard this past week and have been 4 times already.  I already feel leaner, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be bikini ready.  Good thing for cover-ups and spray tans.

Did you all get wind of this article about drinking water?  I've been guzzling since yesterday like it's my fulltime job.  Go get yourself a big ginormous watter bottle and get to it.

Overall, life is good.  God is good.  And I'm so blessed.  I just whine about the little things too much and need to get over it.

I'm trying very hard to resist the urges of Cyber Monday.  I do NOT NEED anything!!  I will update the hair cute/bob saga (I did it!) and leather pants adventure hopefully tomorrow.  I know you're all on the edge of your seats...

Cheers to the Holiday Season!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Can't WAIT to see the hair cut! I am loving my shorter do - but didn't quite get up the nerve to chop it as short as I'd thought I would. And leather pants? Yay! If you like them, I'm getting some too!:)

    From the sneak peeks from your photographer, the pics will be gorgeous. The kids' outfits look perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! I'm going to get a giant pitcher of water right now! I hate to drink water and am sure I'm always dehydrated. I need to lose 10 yrs off my face and 10 lbs off my stomach! I can't wait to see your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love that you said that about the elf! Thats exactly how I was last year, they had very little expectations.....this year however Raygan wont let me get away with ANYTHING, and she has big ideas herself....im screwed

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!