It's been a minute since I've done a 5 on Friday and this will help prevent me from getting too wordy. You're welcome. Linking on up, here's what's currently good in my world:
2. This Quinoa salad is one of THE best things I've ever shoved down my gullet. And 100% clean. I made a big batch today to eat for the next several days. I got the recipe from Kroger the other day, they were handing out samples. You can find the recipe under my newly added RECIPES heading (next to "About the Kiddos"). Yay for Gramma figuring something out!
3. Teeny little felt heart garland from HollyCreekHome on Etsy. Way to trick out my mantle, eh?
4. MoJo. Man they are hilarious and frustrating. They push me to the edge of my sanity every day (multiple times!) but they are at such a fun age right now. (We just can't go out in public very often)
Joey still cuddles with me at least 5 times per day. This particular morning he just laid there looking at me for the longest time (which is rare because he usually only needs about a 45-second cuddle and then he's gone again.) I love this picture: His big blue eyes, his belly peeking out....pure sweetness.
5. We have a double dinner date planned Saturday night and I cannot wait! All I want is a big ol' steak (it's been forever since I've had one??) and a big glass of a good Cab. And some fun adult time out with my main squeeze - we've been so focused on the house/to-do lists/the kids/moving/etc. that we are exhausted and haven't made any time for fun. Also? The other wife is mom to FOUR BOYS under FIVE. I can't wait to hear her nuggets of wisdom and nothing shuts me up faster from complaining about my "hard life with two kids", haha! AND this couple used to live in Rochester, MN...small world!




I found quinoa at trader joes and thought "hey this is healthy let me just grab some of this stuff" yeah don't really know what the heck to do with it, so that recipe is a must. Thanks very much :)
ReplyDeleteHappy to be a new follower!
Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com
Amazing pantry! You can go in there, close the door, and eat cookies!! Quinoa is the best - such a good basic for adding all your favorite stuff and I am always looking to see what everyone else is doing with theirs so I will def be checking out this recipe. Way to go Kroger, haha!! Um MoJo are making the SAME face - adorable. Those two sure are cuties. And that picture of him?? Can I have him? Please?? Parker is such a snuggler (on his terms of course) and the other morning we snuggled for 30 minutes. If it wasn't for the baby in my belly complaining for me to eat something I would have stayed longer. Just want to bottle those moments up!! Love the garland too, I have misplaced all of my Valentine's decor in our move somehow. Thankfully there's Target and Etsy right?! Great post :)
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for a Liebster! The questions are on my blog :)
ReplyDeletehttp://tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html
You always make me laugh! I love your writing, "way to trick out my mantel eh?" Im with you on the big ol steak...We def need to try and squeeze in a dinner date! we havent had one since baby sister!
ReplyDelete