24 June 2014

Arizona and other stuff

I just returned from a nice girls weekend in Arizona late Sunday night.  My BFF since childhood, Melissa, and I had been talking for so long about getting together.  She lives in Minnesota and has a little boy, Parker, who is the same age as Morgan.  Well, life happens and we all get busy and the get-togethers just don't happen.

We began planning back in January.  We each picked 3 spots to meet up since we were coming from different parts of the country.  She suggested Miraval in Tucson and it was PERFECT.  I told her that at 20 weeks pregnant, I definitely wanted someplace to relax.  I don't have the energy to do a lot of sight-seeing right now and a big bumpin' bar scene is just not my thing.



We hiked early in the morning to beat the 106-degree heat, went to a yoga session, had massages (and it was the BEST prenatal massage - or otherwise - I've ever had in my life!), attended a lecture on being aware of what you put out into the world (aka, Karma) and also tried out floating meditation.  




We lounged at the pool, drank endless smoothies/fresh raw juice drinks and stuffed ourselves with the healthy foods that were prepared.  (Seriously, not a piece of bacon or any junk to be found on the premises.  I told my husband he wouldn't have lasted a day, lol!)  They really focus on good nutrition and mindful eating (small portions).  It was just the jolt I needed to kick me out of my pregnancy-induced bad eating habits.




I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I was able to bring a few little pieces of Miraval back with me.
Mirval's Executive Chef & Pastry Chef, a husband-wife duo, have their own cookbook

Luxe glitter bath bombs
Almost every review I read of Miraval mentioned the bed/bedding.  It was beyond amazing!  I am still fantasizing about it.  I was excited when I found out you could purchase all of their bedding on their website and when I got home Sunday night, I immediately checked it out.  I was heartbroken, but laughing pretty hard at the cost:  You could buy the entire King size set for a mere $6,250.  Ba ha ha ha!!!!  I can be perfectly comfortable with my Target bedding, thankyouverymuch.
{VIA} Shop Miraval
This trip was just what I needed before baby #3 arrives.  I came back (mostly) relaxed and in a more positive state of mind.  Any benefits of this trip were almost completely negated by the nightmare traveling I encountered with American Airlines.  (Seriously, when will they get their act together?)  A few years ago, I swore off ever using them again, but with this particular trip they offered the "shortest" trip time and there were no direct flights from any airline.

What a joke.

I was supposed to leave Thursday morning at 8am , arriving in Tucson at 11am (5 hour trip, 3 hour time zone difference).  They kindly called me at 1am on Thursday morning to tell me my flight had been CANCELED.  But!  They went ahead and re-booked me on another flight later Thursday night.

Well.  I arrived Friday morning at 5am and missed an ENTIRE day.  In addition, every connecting flight I had to make was listed at the WRONG gate, the WRONG concourse, which led to a very cranky pregnant lady speedwalking to make it on time.

By Sunday night when I FINALLY got back, it felt so good to be HOME.   I missed my little family like crazy.  The kids were well taken care of by Daddy (and the time alone with them was good for him too!)  I am so lucky to have such a supportive husband...although I'm pretty sure his insistence that I go on this trip was insurance for another "Guys Trip" to Vegas in the near future.  I'll take it.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing time with amazing food! Was that the price of just the sheets? Seriously?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for all the bedding: 4 pillows, 4 pillow cases, a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, the down comforter and the featherbed. But still...not.even.a.bed. Insanity.

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a fun and relaxing trip for sure. Oh my for the bedding, that is just crazy insaneness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord - the cost of those sheets is more than we paid for our bed! They better be pretty amazing for that price! Glad you got a much-deserved weekend away:) Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!