I'm officially past the 20 week mark -- halfway there! In the past few days, I've finally, without a doubt, felt the baby move! Before, any movements I felt were tiny little flickers and I questioned if that was really "it". Well, there's no question now. This kid is performing the second act of Cirque Du Soleil inside me, I'm pretty sure. Last night, I grabbed Joe's hand and said excitedly "Here! Feel!" He thought it was pretty cool too. (Although he worried he was pressing too hard and crushing our baby's head or something....)
According to babycenter.com, here is what my baby looks like right now inside:
With this new movement comes the realization "Holy crap, this kid is coming in 20 short weeks". I'm getting more and more adament that we start shopping for nursery furniture ASAP. So last night we went looking and we stopped into Babies RUs to add a few more things to our sad little registry. We liked this and this:
Of course, we had to go to Pottery Barn, to see in person, the crib we are in lust with. The Larkin crib. And of course it was more gorgeous in person than online or in the catalog. And of course, it's crazy expensive. Here is a picture, for eye-candy's sake (go ahead, ooh and aah over its Grand Splendor):
But when it comes down to it, I just can't justify spending that much on a crib we will use for a few years and then pass on/sell. In addition, BabiesRUs has coupons for 20% off that are good on furniture (I called the store to verify this before we drive all the way up there), so I think we've made our decision to go with the Babies RUs set and save over half off versus the PB stuff.
On to bedding....oy...I've been searching and searching for something I really like. There was a set at BRU that was "Okay", it didn't knock my socks off. The more I look at it, the more I like it. So we put it on the registry. We don't want to paint the area designated for the nursery (we plan to leave the walls the pale muted grayish/blue/green they are), so we have some color requirements to meet. Also, anything we go with must be gender-neutral. Not too frou-frou, but not too boyish either. (And if I have to look at one more blue/brown or pink/brown combo, I might vom.)
Here's all that BRU had to offer me (and I must admit, the bumble bees are pretty darn cute):
And then there's the custom-made by an Etsy seller set that Tammy's "Lexus dreams on a Ford Escort Budget" cannot afford:
But I love the blues/muted grays, whites and yellows. I definitely do NOT want everything to be "Matchy -Matchy", but rather, coordinated.
We still need to select a good, comfortable glider rocker with ottoman and other little miscellaneous items like a nightstand or side table, a lamp, decorations, etc. Turns out, babies are expensive!!
After all our "browsing", we dragged our tired hungry selves to the Cheesecake Factory for a late dinner. And yes, we ordered a piece of cheesecake to-go. How can you not? (This might partly explain why the number on the scale just keeps going up and up and up...)
This:
Equals this look when I step on the scale:













You're hilarious! Just remember, the only thing the crib needed for is to contain the child while sleeping. I spent FOREVER finding the perfect one and luckily decided on a cheaper version at Target because it's full of beautiful teeth marks/gouges courtesy of Liam.
ReplyDeleteRach, please tell me he at least sleeps in it! ha ha....
ReplyDelete