19 August 2011

My Happy Baby

Morgan is a pretty happy baby, overall.  Unless, that is, you are trying to get her to go to sleep.  This kid WILL NOT go down without a fight every. single. time.  I'm getting a wee bit worn out, but hoping it's just a phase.  Currently, she will not nap anywhere but her swing or my arms.  I've tried...

Until she outgrows that whole "fighting sleep" thing (if I type it, then it will come true, yes?), here is what she's been up to lately:

We are trying rice cereal.  Most of it ends up on her face and bib, but she is slowly getting the hang of it.  I'm going to wait til her 6 month well-check next week to discuss moving onto purees.  I'm in no rush.  I have a feeling the doctor will tell me "If she seems to tolerate it, go for it, if she doesn't like it, don't force it".  I guess I'm just looking for something more definitive, specifically referring to her age/digestion.  Should I consider her 4 months old (her "adjusted age")?  Or 6 months old (her "chronological age")?



I don't know Mom....can I just have a bottle instead?
She LOOOOOOOVES her new exersaucer I got her recently and spends lots of time jumping around like a little maniac and giggling like crazy.  It's pretty cute.

Notice soaked onesie and massive amounts of drool?
She is a drooling machine.  She soaks multiple onesies each day, sometimes I even throw a bib on her for an extra layer of protection.  We are wondering if she's teething.  There were a couple days she was REALLY fussy/irritable and just screamed and cried.  But every time I run my finger along her gums, I don't feel anything.

She is really finding her voice and exploring making new sounds. She'll just babble on and on and suck on her hands while she squawks.  Sometimes she is SO loud!  I just love it.

She is really starting to notice the world around her lately.  Like Dakota for instance....I know they will become best pals.  She's also more interested in books now:

We got her a Bumbo tray this week and I think she likes sitting in the Bumbo much better now.

She is much more aware of when I'm not around and when others are holding her now too.  Last weekend we had a bridal shower and I was passing her around to eager family members.  She lasted about 2 minutes before she screamed like we were cutting off her toes.  Wowza!  Several times I had to take her outside to calm her down.  That was one of the days I think her teeth were bothering her, because it lasted all night long as well.

She let Dwynella, Daddy's Medical Assistant, hold her and snuggled right in!
See?  I'm a happy baby!
Gotta go, somebody's officially done with her time in the exersaucer and wants out NOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!