10 July 2012

A lil taste of the fun yet to come...


{And that, my friends, would be a sarcastic title.}

Today, the Hubs had to go away for most of the day (to get his tooth fixed, it's a long story).  Anyhoo, I knew it would be good practice for when I'm officially on my own later this week. 

That's one mama vs. two babies.  Not so hard, right?  My sister tells me to suck it up, on a daily basis.

Overall, it was alright, if not exhausting.  I mean, lookie here, I have time to throw up a blog post? lol!  But I have to document something my beloved toddler did.

She always follows me to the potty.  Always.  When people would say they couldn't even use the bathroom in private, I used to think "Um, just shut the door people...duh."  Well I can't just shut the door on her!  And she's SOOOO curious these days.  So lately I've been using it as a learning experience.  As in "Mommy is using the potty.  Pretty soon, Morgan will use the potty too like a big girl." 

Lovin' on her bay-beee, something she does a lot of these days while I'm nursing Joey

She likes to stand there and watch me flush (don't all kids?)  Except today...I can barely even type this without gagging....she quickly reached into the toilet before I flushed to splash her hand a bit and grab the toilet paper.  THE USED TOILET PAPER. 

I reacted so quickly I think I scared her...scooped her up and promptly threw her entire upper body under the sink with about 50 pumps of the anti-bac handwash.  EW EW EW EW EW!

Why?  Why is that so appealing??

Oh, and little man has learned to read already.  That is the only explanation for his wakefulness, after I bragged mentioned in my last post about how much he was sleeping.  Or maybe he is just growing ; ) Right now he loves to eat frequently and for long spells, meaning, we are always attached.  Makes it hard to get anything else done or even put him down.  He lets me know it if he's not happy too!  Homeslice, as I call him, has some fierce lungs!

At any rate, we have newborn/family pics tomorrow and I still need to figure out what everyone's wearing.  I am thinking it will be VERY casual.  I don't know what I was thinking, wanting my picture taken 2 weeks post-partum.  But I don't want to miss Joey in this newborn stage, and we had family pictures done of the 3 of us when Morgan was born.  It's fun to look back and see our little family grow...amazing to see what we've created.  Sometimes, I look at the two of them and still can't believe they're mine!!
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. our Morgan is also very interested in the potty. She has not dug into the toilet to get dirty toilet paper but has gotten close on many occassions.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!