The Double Stroller.
I thought I'd done my research. I knew what I wanted and it sat in my Amazon cart til I was brave enough to pull the trigger. All was well until I realized -- AFTER the stroller was sitting in my kitchen, mind you -- that the car seat adaptor was no longer available because the manufacturer was re-designing it. Um, how did I miss that?!?! I pre-ordered the new design and am still waiting for that thing.
But in my tizzy, my little peanut grew enough to fit in with the seat reclined back and the straps adjusted to their lowest & tightest setting.
So today we tested that baby out:
![]() |
| Doesn't Mo look thrilled? |
I will say, with strollers (this is my FOURTH stroller I've owned now), you get what you pay for. Plain and simple.
The Baby Monitor(s)
With Mo, we had a very basic Sony baby monitor. It got the job done.
I spent hours researching other monitors for when Joey was born. I was convinced I needed a video monitor this time around. But then I realized, I don't! Also, it seems they don't make such a thing as TWO baby units and ONE parent unit (but they do the other way around). One solution I read was to get the same monitor and just put them on different channels so they wouldn't interfere with each other if they are analog....so that's what I did. And so far, it's working fine. I don't like having to have two receivers to keep track of, but most of the time, Joey is within earshot anyways so I haven't used his monitor much. I expect we'll use it more when he moves into his bedroom & crib.
And as for Morgan, I'm not sure how much longer she'll need one. When she wakes in the night? I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear her crying ; ) I do like it for when she wakes from naps and in the morning though, she plays in her cribs and babbles away quietly. That's how I know she's up.
I'm learning to utilize this thing even more:
![]() |
| Baby Bjorn carrier |
How will I go anywhere? ALONE with TWO babies?!?!
I don't have any good perspective on this just yet - in fact, I'm seriously scared of this...I tried it once. We went to the park to get out of the house. Had it not been 105 degrees out, it wouldn't have been SO bad. But this week we have doctor appointments for both kids. Don't tell them, but they're both getting shots. Crap. I'm doomed. If anyone has any good advice, I'm all ears! (PS: I've already begged the Hubs to take off work and suffer this right of passage with me, but no dice.)






Oh girl! I can't even imagine how you're doing it! I would be scared to leave the house too! :) But in all seriousness it sounds like you have made the transition from one to two very well! I agree about the strollers! I really like the City mini and will definitely consider it when we have baby number 2!
ReplyDeletegirl it gets easier I promise! I have been exactly where you are. once u get in a routine of going out with two kids 2 and under u can accomplish anything!
ReplyDeletecarriers are a MUST with 2 under 2. I particularly loved my ring sling and I always wanted an ergo or a Mai tai!
I have 2 under two also and we have the Summer Infant VIdeo Baby Monitor ( I forget which one) but we bought the extra camera when my son was born and it works great! You can add up to 4 cameras to this one. They do make them...You just have to buy the second camera seperately :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found your blog. I'm about to have my second and my daughter is 18 months. I have the Bjorn too and been trying to figure out how I can still go to Target with two kids. Should be interesting :)
ReplyDeleteEverything I've been thinking about you blog about so thanks for sharing all your expertise :)