01 July 2012

We're Home!

We were discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  It was such a different and wonderful experience this time - having a normal c-section delivery, not emergency.  Staying the normal length of time, not an entire 7 days.  Going home with my baby like normal births get to... (hear that Rachael?? ha ha ; )  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

I'm pretty sure they don't make 'em any cuter than this little man!

We had some issues with my blood pressure again after delivery.  My previous history of Pre-E started running through my mind again...both Pre-E and HELLP can re-appear post-delivery and I was so worried that was what was happening again.  But I think it ended up just being hormones and post-surgery stress on my body that caused it.  We were able to get it under control and it seems more stable now.

So far, recovering from my 2nd c-section has proven to be a bit easier than my first.  I feel great.  As long as I take my pain medicine, I'm pretty mobile and feel like I can do even more than when I was pregnant!  I couldn't help but step on the scale yesterday when I got home - I was a little bummed that I was only 10 pounds lighter.  But I know I'm still retaining a lot of fluid and it will all come off over time.

So we got to come home - and about an hour later the power went out!  They said it would be TWO days til it was restored.  Luckily, we waited it out and it returned 4 hours later.  I was trying to feed my little guy by candlelight and flashlight last night.  It was not nearly as picturesque as it sounds, trust me.

So here are a few photos...if you are FB friends with me, these are all the same pics...sorry ; )
Home at last - our family of 4.  She's always poking at her baby brother.

So far we are getting settled in.  Joey likes to eat.  Frequently.  I'm trying to exclusively breastfeed this time around and it's been a re-learning experience for me, but I think we're getting the hang of it.
Snugasabuginarug

I also learned that boys pee.  All over!  Ha!  But that's OK...I'd change little man 1 million times if I had to.  He is the sweetest little guy.  I need to buy him some clothes because we have NO newborn sized boy clothes yet (terrible, huh?)

As for Morgan, she is still checking him out.  She grabbed his nose and tried to poke his eyes like I figured she would.  She's very curious and just points at him, talking and saying "Bay-beee?"  We've noticed she's been a little more whiny since I got home, but I also think she is just really bored.
What is this thing?  We're not bringing him home, are we?

Better run, little man is fussing...I will return with more pics from his birth and his birth story.  I will also explain why I keep calling my son the wrong name.  Ha!  Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Im so excited to see pictures of him, he is absolutly beautiful! How does she like being a big sister???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tammy! He is beautiful!!!! All that hair is so cute :) You look gorgeous! I'm so glad to hear you're all settling in well, minus the electricity thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back home....no bed rest, two babes, a husband not working...must feel like heaven! :) He is so cute and I see a lot of Morgan in him! The picture on your side of your blog from her as a baby is totally him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And PS- hope I can experience a "normal" delivery next time... You give me hope! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy! He is just the sweetest little boy! So happy for y'all. Can't wait for more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just precious! So glad to hear things were more normal this time around and glad to hear your recovery was easier as I had a c-section with our precious Morgan as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!