20 November 2012

If I had a second...

To think about Christmas... I'd compile a true list of gifts I'd like to get my children.  My husband.  My family.  My friends.  I'd refer to my Pinterest boards and get some new decorative inspiration put forth into action.  I'd begin holiday baking - something I always used to do.

But Crikey!  I'm getting my butt kicked again lately.  Daddys' on another long call stretch and BOTH babies have been sick.  (Thank you toddler school!)   I've wiped more snotty noses and cleaned up more poo than I care to recall.  I would get one in the tub and the other would make poop soup in the crib.  Not cool, Littles, not cool.

Laying on the hard wood floor because she didn't feel good.  Goofball!

We LOVE when this guy is around

Playing nicely, watching Bubble Guppies.

Pure Presh.  I am in love with that kissable little face!!  Look at those lips!
 In the midst of the on-call business and sick babies, a dear friend's mother lost her battle with Breast Cancer, so the Hubs and I went to the wake Sunday night.  He needed a pair of pants since all his were at the drycleaners (or being held hostage and forgotten in the back of my car, ooops!).  So I loaded up the sick little ones and we braved the mall on Sunday to go find pants for Daddy.  They did really well.  I think it did us all some good to get out of the house!

I can tell we don't get out much because every woman Morgan saw, she'd yell "Hi!  Nana!!  Hiiiii!"  Too funny!
Bribed with an Aunt Annie's pretzel and some "SISHEEES" at the mall.

Lunch on the go so we can get our shopping done.
Anyway, in the midst of all my complaining, I had a glorious realization the other day:  My kids have been sleeping well at night.  *KNOCKONWOOD*  Like, truly sleeping all night long.  There's the occasional 3am nursing session, but typically it's been 5 or 5:30am, sometimes as late as 6:30am.  (Say a little prayer for me I don't get punished for even bringing this topic up!)  Praise the Lord - I want to remember THIS!  I can't say we're doing anything special or different.  Just keeping our routine and keeping the house toasty warm. 

Now all this sleeping goodness goes out the window on Friday nights.  Why?  I don't have any clue, but for probably the past 6 weeks, you can guarantee Morgan is going to wake up, not go back to sleep for a long while, and require me to come up and party lay with her.  I've accepted it.

Morgan & I are flying to Minnesota for my cousin's wedding next weekend.  I bought these things in the hopes of avoiding a screamathon due to ear-pressure sensitivity:



Anyone have any experience or advice on this??  

Looking forward to Turkey Day - they say the average American will consume 4500 calories that day.  Yikes.  I should start fasting.  Yesterday.  Ha!  We are heading to my MIL's that day and I am in charge of bringing babies and dinner rolls.  I think I can handle that.  Daddy, of course, will be working but will hopefully be joining us later on.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. "Crikey!...Poop Soup!"... LOL! You are too hilarious. Hope they're feeling better! We finally came down with the snots too - yuck. Enjoy your Thanksgiving (hope the hubs gets off at a decent hour)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to take the kids to the mall just to get out and walk around. You have given me the courage to give it a try!

    4500??? That's insane. I am down 6 pounds and REALLY need to not go backwards and gain it back. I will be so ticked if I do. I have two Thanksgiving meals, one Thursday and one Saturday. Maybe I can actually show some willpower for once.

    Hope your babies start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan and Kinlee remind me so much of each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, we need to get together for that playdate, I Just saw your comment!! Msg me what days might work best for you guys! I'm really excited about this!

      Delete
  4. Amber messaged me and said that you all had a great photo shoot. So glad you got a opportunity to use her. I hope the pics turn out wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was awesome! My kids, however, were not cooperating. Even a little. We didn't give her much to work with, but maybe we'll do Christmas cards with the kids crying, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for a leibster award

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!