I love summer. There. Now that THAT's out of the way, I can rehash our weekend.
As previously mentioned, my Dad was in town visiting us from MN. The kids & I picked him up Friday morning from the airport. We didn't do a lot of exciting stuff - but just hung out and relaxed, which was nice.
Friday night I stole my husband's car and took my Dad for a joy ride. I might've scared him a little:
Saturday we faked bravery
| *sigh* the combover. What am I gonna do with this hair? |
Saturday night we hosted my aunt Mary Jane & uncle Cecil over for dinner. We did it up fancy with grilled burgers. As I passed out paper towels as napkins, I asked them to please not feel intimidated by our fanciness.
I have to give my husband credit: He picked out the ground beef, the spices, the cheese & the bacon from the market. He seasoned the bacon himself and grilled that too, along with the burgers. It turned out fantastic. Along with some salads we picked up at the Market, my aunt brought a berry/angelfood/whip cream delight for dessert. We were well fed that night.
Sunday morning we were all lazy around the house. We took my Dad back to the airport and the kids fell asleep in the car 10 minutes before we got home. AGAIN. This seems to be a repeating problem lately. So of course, there were no afternoon naps had in our house. But there WAS quiet crib time ;-)
| Morgan entertained us all with her "I'm just a baby" schtick. It doesn't get old in that cute little voice of hers. |
![]() |
| Grandpa Mike & Grandma Dottie |
As usual, my toddler ran around with the big kids and my son just wanted to be held. By any willing party.
It's back to a new normal for us this week: My Stats class starts tomorrow night. I feel so unprepared. I happened to log in yesterday and find a bunch of prep/registration/housekeeping items I had to take care of. That's me, always on top of things! Turns out I need a scientific effing calculator. Great. And my husband recommended erasable pens. Um do they even make those anymore? I mean, it's not 1991...
My MIL is coming to help with the kids the evenings I'm gone to class - I don't know what I'd do without her. Oh yeah...probably die. So I need to get some meals prepped & have stuff ready for her. I've also got my sitter on a schedule a couple hours a week for the summer now and my workouts scheduled. I think I do well with structure, so here's hopin!




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!