16 August 2013

Super Quick MN Trip Recap

Last weekend, Joe & I flew to MN, sans offspring, for a wedding of one of my former nursing school classmates.  There's a core group of us who've kept in touch and we've all tried to make it to each other's weddings/keep in touch/etc. over the years.

We were there for less than 48 hours, but made the most of our short time there.  Due to a delayed flight (again and again, grrr) we got in around 1am Saturday morning.  We checked into our hotel (which was a neon purple lit legit rave, but that's neither here nor there) and crashed.  At one point in the night I woke up, shot straight up in bed and asked "Is that Joey crying?"  I then collapsed back to sleep and slept like the dead.

*Sidenote:  I was very apprehensive about leaving Joey because he came down with a fever Wednesday and it hadn't subsided by the time we left...I felt awful leaving him :(  But my MIL is very capable, a former Peds nurse herself, and I left detailed instructions on "when to call the dr." since I had taken him in before we left*

Saturday morning we checked out of hotel #1 and drove down to Rochester to meet up with my family.  It was great seeing my Dad, Sis & her BF, Sis-in-law, nieces and nephews and my newest baby nephew, Carter.  He was only 8 days old when I met him for the first time!

My Seester Connie, and baby nephew Carter.  Uh-oh...be quiet ovaries!
PS: I had a cute necklace to go with this dress but lost it in my packing disarray
PPS:  I did my hair, swearsies, but we drove down with the top down and I looked a wreck by the time we arrived, soooo.... mom pony it was.
Me & My nephews Jacob & Carter.  Brothers!
My SIL, Jen, and my nieces Shiayne & Brynlee. AND my nephew is in Jen's belly, due in Oct.
I'm not sure why there are no pictures of the menfolk, but trust me, they were there.  Missing was my brother (#ahem#)

We met for lunch and then had to turn around and drive back up to Minneapolis/St. Paul to check into hotel #2 and primp for the wedding festivities.

.
How cute are the bride and groom?  They are two people perfectly suited for one another.  Her dress was perfectly her.  LOVED it!
 And then she changed into this sequined little number + sneakers for the reception.  We expected nothing less:

Nurses gone wild/grown up/married/had babies:

 And just because my friend thought they were being funny, I was actually sneezing in this picture:
 Me and my best guy (he cleans up real niiiiice!)

And that's it for family-friendly pictures.  We were all too busy dancing our faces off.

We even managed to catch up Sunday morning with my childhood BFF Melissa & her husband Bayard and their sweet little guy, Parker (who is 2 months younger than Morgan).  They met us at the airport for breakfast, pre-security and that was SO convenient and so fun to catch up!!

When we returned Sunday evening, my little guy hadn't gotten much better and it was pretty clear what was plaguing him:  Roseola.  The next few days were negative amounts of fun, but he's finally back to normal.

 
 And here's what I'll be doing the next 4 months.  School starts up again on Monday.  I already have a reading assignment.  That's totally uncalled for if you ask me.
While I'm on my complaining pedestal, can summer PUHLEEEEEEZE not be over yet?   I feel like it was barely here.  It's been unseasonably cool here and I really need people on the interwebs to stop forcing fall upon me (cinnamon/pumpkin candles! Boots! Smores! Sweatshirts+leggins! STOPTOPSTOPIT!).  I'm a summer girl.  Always have been, always will be.  That is all.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!