30 August 2013

Adios August

I've been in total denial that summer is ending.  I don't believe in the ever-so-popular bucket lists, but we did a lot of fun things this summer with the kids.  Zoo trips, Farmer's Market, Library visits, Splash Pads, play dates, playing outside (even though we are in desperate need of a safe backyard that doesn't back up to one of the busiest streets in our town), Park trips, lots of swinging, picnics with PB&J in the sun, and lazy days spent at home.  We did whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, and it was just right.


I get an itch every fall to color my hair darker.  And when I do, I make my husband and those around me promise to not let me do it ever again.  So what did I do?  Got my hair colored darker.  It was supposed to be Ombre, but didn't turn out quite the way I'd hoped.  I'm going back next week for a few tweaks to get it just right (I need more blonde in my life for right now...I just do.)


Eh...I don't love the hair.  It's a work in progress.  I'm sure I'll be back to blonde next week.

 The Hubs and I went to the Kid Rock this week....he put on a great show!  I am not the biggest Kid Rock fan on the planet, but was pleasantly surprised.  We had really good seats too, so that helps ;-)  It was 200 degrees out and even Kid (that's what I call him now) commented on the humidity.  He said something like if you wake up in the morning and lick your arm you'd be drunk again, lol.


We are getting ready to transition yet again into a new daily schedule.  Morgan will be starting pre-school at Bluebird Christian next week and I'm super excited for her.  She asks every day "Mama I go to school?"  I'm going to have to wrangle her out of that darn birdie shirt (or birdie dress, as she calls it...but it barely covers her diaper, so no sweetie, it's not a dress.)  I am trying to find better balance in our lives.  With school taking up a lot of my time I need to find us a new routine that works for us.

We are in Potty Training Purgatory.  That's the best description of it.  Morgan totally gets it and is now just refusing to sit on the potty.  She tells me "I don't like sit on the potty Mama."  I've tried EVERYTHING.  And no dice.  Last night I forced her, and amidst the protest and tears, she produced some results.  Which I praised and rewarded (her reward is tattoos because that's her thing these days?).  Anyway...say a prayer or throw some advice my way.  They say it won't work until she's fully ready, so I just keep telling myself not to stress over it because she's just not ready yet.
What else...I've been obsessed with buying sweatshirts lately.  Fun Fact:  I owned ONE before this little sweatshirt escapade I embarked on.  

Maybe I'm ready for Fall afterall?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like your hair color!! Good change for the fall and not too dark! And now I want to know what fun sweatshirt you bought. There are never enough sweatshirts in the winter. I have one I still wear from college in 2001!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got two from Target that I can't find on their website. But they both have a little zipper on the shoulder...SUPER comfy!! Get to your nearest Tarjay Stat!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!