05 September 2013

First Week of School

Sometimes I get so behind on keeping up with my blog just simply due to the craziness that is life.  (As a sidenote, whenever bloggers go on hiatus for a while, I always assume they are pregnant and waiting til they're in the safe zone to announce.  Not the case here folks.  At least that I know of.  Sorry. )

Morgan had Welcome Days at her preschool this week.  Two days, one hour each day to start.  Parents stayed.  Just an introduction to her teachers and the classroom, etc.  I brought Joey with me and tried to prevent him from manhandling the other smaller babies in attendance.  Morgan has Ms. Hilary, Ms. Julie, and Ms. Julia this year and they are all super sweet.

I couldn't get her to agree to wear anything else but her beloved Birdie shirt.  I hope one day she looks back and finds this funny, because I'm ready to make that shirt disappear!

Clearly thrilled about her first day of school.

Mommy had to bust out the iron and transform her bag from blah to...slightly mediocre.

Showing Ms. Julia that she knows her colors and can count to 20, but needs a little help with those last few numbers.

Playing with wooden tools.  Note to self: Get him some for at home, he loved this thing!!


After school today, I took the kids to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  But I didn't let them play in the playroom because Joey hadn't had his morning nap and I knew he'd be cranky & tired.

I worry about how Morgan will react next week when it's an actual drop-off...I think familiarizing her with it this week was a great idea and I hope for a smooth transition.

In other blog news, the longer I'm away, the more I question just how much information about my family/pictures of my kids/sharing I want floating out there in the digital world.  I've already stopped posting so many pics of them on FB.  I guess my other alternative is to make the blog private, that way I know who is looking at my kids.  Lurkers beware.  Not that my blog details every mundane riveting minute of our lives, but conversely, it gives only snippets.  And then people tend to make judgments on something they know nothing about.  I don't know what the answer is...so until then I will just keep posting sporadically.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya in the blog stuff, I question it all the time too. I also keep my FB on lockdown but it's harder to do with the blog....I recently read a blog about someone who has stolen her pictures/identity and created a FB account with it! Totally made me re think things...glad your little girlie had a good first day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel on the whole privacy thing...I've heard some crazy things lately and have been wondering the same thing. I actually got off of Facebook because I don't use it all that much and it seems like there are always privacy infractions on there - such as using GPS functions to pinpoint exactly where you (and your kids) are. Ugh. I'm not quite ready to give up the blog or make it go private, so I've made my pictures un-clickable and am thinking about watermarking them to make them even harder to copy. If you do go private, please let me know! I'd still love to be able to keep up with your sweet family on your blog. As a new mama, I love following fellow mamas for good advice and info on parenting (and ideas about what to expect as our kids hit big milestones!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!