Morgan is pretty conversational these days and I have to admit -- I love it. She says the funniest things that I don't want to forget.
Me: "Good morning Babygirl, how about we get dressed and go downstairs?"
Morgan (in a really slow, deep, sleepy voice): "Yeah....I need some coffee Mama"
We have read - and know by heart - the entire Llama Llama series, so I tried to focus on the one where Llama Llama goes to school (Llama Llama Misses Mama) and there's a line in which the teacher tells LL that "When the day is through, she will come right back to you!" So whenever I drop Morgan off at school she always says "Mama...she will come right back to you!"
(On the car ride home after pre-school pickup she leaned her head back and closed her eyes)
Morgan: "Mama? I need a nappy when we get home. It's time to take a rest."
(When picking her up from school one day and she first saw me at the door)
Morgan: "Mama!!! I'm SOOO Pwoud of you!!!!"
(Joe will go behind the kids and hum the theme song from Jaws - the da-duh da-duh getting faster & faster until he grabs them and kisses or tickles them. He did this all the way up the stairs one night while following Morgan up to put her to bed.)
Morgan "Daddy...that's enough. THAT'S ENOUGH DAD!"
(She is constantly crawling up onto the chair & table to get on my laptop, which is where I do all my school work)
Me: "Morgan, get down."
Morgan: "I just gotta look at sumfin quick."
She's very particular about pink everything these days. She will only use her pink Abby plate or pink Piggy plate to eat off of. Pink bowl. Pink spoon. And will only wear pink, sparkly, heart clips in her hair.
Every age is fun - but 2 1/2 is proving to be hilarious! I love this sweet, smart, spirited, curious girl so very much.



Awe so sweet! She's adorable!
ReplyDelete