This has been one of the craziest, most fun weeks of my life. My head is still reeling from all that has happened. Last I left off, I was about to leave on a short little trip with my beloved husband. But let's back up a sec:
The night before we left, we had a holiday party to attend for one of the local hospitals. I loved my dress (that I fretted about unnecessarily) and we ended up having a GREAT time. Maybe too good of a time, considering we had to get up at 4am to catch a cab to the airport. We didn't know anyone there for the first hour or two (??) so naturally we started drinking and eating maple-glazed bacon. Of course.
We made our flight a few hours later - surprisingly. A big winter storm hit JUST after we left. It was close though, and we left on time despite freezing rain. My mood perked up considerably when we landed here:
My husband did a great job of keeping this trip top secret from me - only to have it spoiled by some strangers in the airport! I witnessed a really bizarre interaction between a guy and a girl...he was staring at her t-shirt and finally after setting off my internal Creeper Alert! asked her "Are you going on the Matchbox 20 Cruise?" OMG. I about died when it hit me -- THAT IS WHAT we were doing!!
My husband knows my undying love for MB20 and all things Rob Thomas. So, we boarded the U.S.S. Cougar (did you know 90% of Matchbox 20 fans are Cougars? True Story. Myself not included...I'm at the very least a young Puma. Maybe a Lynx. But not a Cougar.) Some of these women were certifiable. For real.
Anyway, the trip? It. Was. AMAZING. We got to see several concerts, attend a few "Storytellers" sessions and a few Q&A sessions. And we were able to get pretty close, there really wasn't a bad seat or place to stand on board.
Rob greeted me (OK, OK, and the other 2,000 passsengers on this boat, but whatever) as soon as we got there. He is the funniest celebrity I know. Seriously, the man is hilarious.
| Here he is telling |
| Oh, yes! I have a husband! That's right! The very best. |
| And yes, my husband wore a t-shirt that says "I'm on a Boat!" Hilarious that one. |
| Mommy and Daddy get all hussied up to go out. This is the only picture I got that night. |
The entire trip was catapulted to a whole other level when we got to do a photo session/meet & greet. Yes, they greeted ALL 2,000 passengers. I GOT TO HUG ROB (and all the other guys). I hugged him twice for good measure. And not a wimpy, "we're strangers" kind of hug either! I hugged like I meant it! I tried to think of something original to say to him, but my inner 13-year old could barely screech out "You're AWWWWWSUUUUMMMMM!" (Nice, Tammy) I then babbled something about being so excited to hug him and he said something like "Me too. I've waited my whole life, Baby." At least that's how I remember it. And I'm pretty sure he said it to everyone. Anyway, if you stop reading my blog I'll totally understand. I'm fully aware of how ridiculous I sound.
Anyway, where was I? We also got our picture taken with them and I somehow finagled my way to stand next to him. Of course they didn't allow cell phones or private pics, you have to buy them when the tour company emails them to you. Which better be soon! Clearly this is the most exciting thing to happen to this SAHM since the birth of my last child. Trump that, Rob Thomas!
| Q&A session out on the deck |
Jimmy the Elf was up to his usual shenanigans:
Oh, and in the airport while waiting for our connecting flight home from Atlanta? We found out we bought a house. So, we're moving! That's a WHOLE OTHER blog post all of its own!



Oh.my.gosh!!! I seriously love this post. Good for you and your husband for getting away and that he kept that a surprise is amazing! Meeting rob Thomas and buying a hoy...omg!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG so jealous!!!! What a good Hubby you have!!! What an amazing experience!! Also love your dress!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow what an amazing surprise trip!!! What a great week! I can't wait to hear about your house too!!!
ReplyDeleteThe red dress looks gorgeous! Good choice:)
ReplyDeleteAnd, Hello! Best hubby of the year award to your husband for sure. How fun! Glad you two were able to get away for a few days:) Can't wait to hear all about the new house!
SO fun & I am so jealous!!! :)
ReplyDeletewordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com