Last week, the last treasures of my online orderings came in and I was able to put together my foyer. I had looked at a few pins on Pinterest to determine what I wanted (along with some suggestions from a designer, my girl Karen).
It's not 100% finished, I feel like the bottom shelf needs some stuff...maybe a basket and some books?
And I can do without the 1 billion ladybugs that accumulate on a daily basis. It has turned my husband into a shop-vaccing maniac. (Actually I have my father and his recent visit to blame for that new little hobby, lol!)
Here is the before:
Another shot that includes the new jute rug:
I also recently swapped out my great room rug. That West Elm Souk Rug? Was. The. Worst. Fortunately, it was SO bad, we got our money back. It shed beyond anything reasonable. Everytime you walked on it, you had a wool ball in your throat. The fuzz covered everything in the house, despite repeated vacuuming. I finally settled on one from PB and so far love it. It sheds some, as expected, but is manageable and isn't gross to sit/lay on.
I'm halted from any further decorating because we are in the beginning stages of deciding what to do with the mountain in our back yard. We've had 5 different excavators out here and most of them just scratch their heads. However, I think we found the right guy - a landscape architect designer - who is going to hook us up and steer us in the right direction. He came on Saturday and hopefully someone will be digging in my backyard before too long!
This picture makes the elevation impossible to appreciate, but that hill behind Morgan just goes up and up and up. My Dad walked it when he came this past weekend and it was no time at all before he wasn't even visible.
| Good thing we have beautiful sidewalk chalk art to look at because that hill? Is ugly. |
Our Master Bedroom is pretty much finished (I think?) and I'll be sharing that soon. I'm loving getting the house together and making it ours. I really want to get the majority of it finished before it gets really nice out because I know the kids will want to be outside 24/7 (they already do!) Last week I took them to a park that I had been hyping up all day..."A new park!". It was my bribe for everything that day. Imagine the trauma when we got there and there were NO SWINGS on the swing set. Gah! Poor kids. They had to settle for driveway roaming again (their favorite).



The foyer table looks great! Love it! And LOVE the new rug! Glad you were able to return the other one - it sounds like it was just a hot mess to try to keep clean with all the fuzz. Can't wait to see what can be done with your mountain:) Maybe a moat? Lol! Just kidding - but seriously, I'm sure it will all turn out great!:)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty!!! LOVE that table in the foyer - where did it come from? Rugs both look great. Hooray for someone to soon help with the yard!!
ReplyDelete