29 June 2014

20 Weeks Baby #3 Update

I don't know why, but this pregnancy I keep getting confused or forgetting how far along I am.  I suspect it's because my official due date is one week later than my tentative c-section date.  So I go by my section date, because that's all that really matters, right?

SO with that rationale, I'm currently 21.5 weeks.  Or something like that.

I think I'm up about 14 pounds, but it feels like 50.  To me it seems like I'm carrying like I did with Morgan, getting round and barrel-like all through my midsection (back too, ugh.)  I felt like with Joey I had this little basketball belly and didn't gain hardly any weight the first half.  Unlike this pregnancy, where every time I step on the scale I'm greeted with an increase.

I am trying to eat better, but it's like my body's been invaded by aliens.  When I'm at the store, if I see doughnuts or cinnamon rolls?  They're coming home with me.  I've also bought more bags of chips than in all my life combined.  I lived on hard salami sandwiches the first 14 weeks.  The mere thought of chicken breast makes me want to gag, still.  Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE mango anything.  Especially fruity sparkling beverages or Mango Lemonade.

Oh, and?  I usually have to get up in the night to EAT something.  Who am I?  I get these hunger pains that won't go away until I feed again.

I almost went back to work.  Yeah, while 5 month's pregnant.  Because that's rational, right?  In the end the schedule was not going to work for us right now so I turned it down.

The only real "bump" picture I have is a repeat from last week, which I already posted on FB and Instagram so sorry if you're seeing this for the umpteenth time!

Again, sheet washing day! 
I get very worn out by the end of the day with lots of lower back and hip pain.  My feet and lower legs are starting to swell a little by night time too.  But my blood pressure is still great.  Sleep is crappy.  Lately when my dear husband has been on call, he has been getting paged & called allllll night long.  (I'm sure he is exhausted too.  At least he doesn't have to get up to pee 3 times a night.  And can sleep on his back.)

I've been very emotional too -- my husband made a remark about the jean shorts I was wearing above and I immediately started crying about being fat.  His comment had NOTHING to do with that, nor even hinted at that.  Sensitive much?

Baby #3 also went to his/her SECOND concert in utero:  This time it was Journey and The Steve Miller Band.  It was such a gorgeous night for an outdoor concert.  I hope it wasn't too loud for the little peanut.

I'm feeling lots of movement, especially at night.  I was shocked to read in my weekly updates how big this baby already is!  3/4 of a pound and 10 1/2 inches long.

We've been tossing around names and so far?  Nothing.  There's a few I've always liked, that ALWAYS get vetoed, but I'm still rooting for them.

And lastly, we're not sure where baby's room will be once he/she moves out of our bedroom.  I think I made it 5 or 6 weeks with Joey before I was all "You have GOT to go to your own room kid" because I would wake at every little movement the baby made.

Options include turning the guest room into a nursery OR doing something with the play/bonus room (like dividing it in half because it's a gigantic room.)  The guest bedroom has been SO nice to have available, complete with it's own full bathroom.  Plus, it's been occupied ever since we moved in 5 months ago with guests & family.   But it would make the most sense and it's closest to our bedroom for frequent middle-of-the-night wakings/feedings.

I even considered Morgan & Joey sharing a room for the short-term, but she's such a night owl and he is pretty adamant about his sleep so I don't think they would be compatible roommates.  I know it will all work out, but I can't start decorating a nursery until we make a decision.  And even then, I don't think I will be doing much to "decorate" this time around.  I think back to all the money we spent on custom crib bedding and bumpers (Morgan), artwork, accessories, etc. and all the baby really needs is a crib, a rocker, and a place to change the diapers.  All of which we have - TWO of already!

We have our anatomy scan this week and I am so looking forward to seeing him or her on the big screen again.  I just can't wait to meet this little guy or gal in person!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You look great, sweet Mama! Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! I am def having some of the same lovely side effects as you this time around :/ so curious to see what we both are having!! Everyone tells me boy but who knows! Oh and don't feel bad- my diet is awful too and I also hate the scale! I'm only 2 lbs less than I was with the twins at this point! Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel u on the nursery. Paxton has a sheet in his crib and that is it. #thirdbaby

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!