12 June 2014

These kids

I got lost in my computer files of photos last night for a long time, looking back at the kids' newborn pictures and reminiscing.  Man, time flies.

It's like all of a sudden, they've turned into these little people.  With opinions (OH the opinions!), wants, dislikes, and quirks all their own.

Morgan talks like a little adult now.  It's hilarious, even when I have to correct her.  Last week she informed me "Mama, I need some perfume of my own please."


Then it was "I don't want to share the bath tub with Joey any more.  I want my OWN bath tub."

When I was cleaning her up last night after a #2 ordeal, she was sniffling/crying a bit and said "Mama, after this...I really need you to make dinner."

She "reads" two of her favorite books ("Sophia Makes a Friend" and "Bloomin' Bows") word for word every night before bed.  It's amazing to me that she has two books completely memorized.  If I read them to her, she will tell me if I missed a part too, so no cheating!
Our first parade!  They couldn't believe people were throwing them candy...to keep!

Watching the "Ho-sees" and fire trucks go by at the Silver Grove Memorial Day parade.  Five minutes of pure entertainment for these two, ha!
She constantly tries to persuade Joey to go upstairs to fetch her blankies for her.  He's happy to help and usually gets them for her.

Speaking of little brother....he is ALWAYS getting hurt.  Someway, somehow.  Last night he came running into the kitchen, grabbed the handle of the lower oven, SWUNG off it, fell back, and smacked the back of his head on the slate kitchen floor. HARD.

Last weekend, he took a mouthful of concrete in the driveway:

I'm just grateful he didn't knock out any teeth.

He cannot walk anywhere. MUST. RUN. ALWAYS.

He speaks pretty clearly and I often have to remind myself lately that he is not even 2 yet.  (End of this month, better get planning!)  I have to remember to parent him, discipline him and treat him accordingly.  I can't expect him to do all things Morgan does and that's hard sometimes because I feed them together, bathe them together, etc. He really just wants to do everything she is doing.
He insists on climbing up into his car seat all by himself now and gets SO. MAD. if you try to lift him.
He's still such a lovebug and several times a day will ask me to sit on the couch and cuddle.  He also requests "Read BOOKS!" all day every day.  He will also follow me around saying "Hold you! Hold you please!"

He is really into throwing balls lately and will say "Here! Catch!" AS he's throwing something at you. Little Stinker.

With the new baby coming, I've been trying to talk to them about being helpful to Mommy and how we will be nice to the baby.  We've talked about names and so far they've offered up these suggestions:

Morgan (if the baby is a girl):  Penny
Joey (if the baby is....a boy?):  Baby Swings

So....my kids are available for name consultations if you need help.
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. They are so adorable!!!! Baby Swings all the way! I wish we lived in the same town so Morgan and Ivey could play together!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!