14 July 2014

Joey's 2nd Birthday Party

On Saturday we threw a little party for Joey to celebrate turning 2!  Because of Daddy's call schedule and then the 4th of July holiday, we had to push it 3 weeks past his actual birthday, but he didn't seem to mind.  We kept it smaller and more low-key since I haven't been feeling the greatest and summer is just super jam-packed for everyone.  (Despite it being low-key, my FitBit Flex said I walked over 10,000 steps that day and I never left the house!)

We decided to grill burgers and have a bunch of side dishes....except our grill broke and we didn't realize this till noon on the day of the party.  Plan B?  Order a bunch of Beef Brisket from our favorite vendor at Findlay Market and pray they had enough to feed our party.  They totally came through and that brisket was amazing.  (Food is REALLY my jam these days!)

I'm getting more efficient at throwing these little shindigs and just didn't have the time or energy to get all Pinterest-y or crafty.  I ordered everything online, most of the stuff from Party City and it couldn't have been easier!  I didn't even go crazy with decorations this year; a couple of balloons, a banner, some hangy-swirly things and called it good.


The cake was once again left up to Daddy and he did an amazing job coming up with the design.  The top layer was lemon with raspberry filling (I was having a pregnancy craving when he ordered it about 2 months ago; I begged him several times to Please! Change! Flavors! thinking nobody would like it.  Well we didn't have a crumb left! It was delicious!)  The bottom layer was chocolate with cookies & cream filling.  Those boulders on the top?  Are cupcakes.  Genius I tell you.

The kids were thrilled to have their cousins to play with them.


Joey was pretty shy when we all sang Happy Birthday to him.  He kept his fingers in his mouth and kept looking around at everyone.

He needed a little help from Daddy to blow out that candle!

Call Guiness.  We're all looking at the camera and (almost) smiling.

These cookies tasted every bit as good as they looked.  They were a last-minute decision that was a huge hit.

The customized t-shirt was a Zulilly purchase from a month or two ago.


Joey sat so patiently waiting for me to get a good pic with his cousin/buddy Reid.  It was so cute!

He got a bunch of new toys and clothes and books, but his favorites were the new trains he got.  Kid loves trains right now.  It was the perfect little family party for our sweet little boy.  I still can't believe he's two years old!  If you ask him, he'll tell you "I'm four."  Little stinker ;-)
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. So sweet! What a fun party for your favorite boy:) And loving that he says he's 4. He's precocious, that one:) Good job, Mama. You're looking great! How're you feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!