05 August 2014

Let's Go!

We've been on the go a lot and it doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon.  The month of August is jam-packed with stuff!  I am happy to be busy and this helps pregnancy time (which as we all know is different than "real time") go much faster.

Doing their Mama proud at the St. Joe's festival.

A little evening park & ice cream outing at the Silver Grove Dairy Bar.

Trying to win a gold fish.  Good thing they didn't, I doubt it would've had much life expectancy left in our home!

Date night - another Reds game.  I told the Hubs we need to change it up!  I just go for the free food.
Currently I'm trying to figure out the details of an upcoming trip to Florida for a family wedding/vacation.  Do I take both kids' car seats on the plane for them to sit in since we will need them to get around in Florida?  Or do I skip all that headache and just get those CARES straps for the flight and rent car seats with our rental car?  I'm leaning toward the second option, but if anyone has any other input to flying with two toddlers, I'm all ears!  I will say I've heard nothing but BAD experiences from people who've checked their car seats, so I'm planning to avoid that.  The whole thing is giving me a headache.  I kinda miss the days where I packed myself a carry-on, hopped on a plane, and went wherever I felt like it!

And assuming I'm able to make the trip (I have my doubts at times), good luck to me finding a formal dress to wear to the wedding.  Any suggestions?  I've sent back 4.  FOUR.  I'm finding non-maternity clothes are just not flattering this go-round.

I've recently discovered a new health/pilates blogger and credit her for helping me get back on track with eating clean(er) and doing some Pilates again.  (This is not some sponsored plug either, she doesn't know I exist although I did comment today thanking her, haha!)  This pregnancy I've only wanted junk to eat.  Mostly in the form of baked goods, sweets, cereal, etc.  It's so bizarre!  If you're interested, her name is Robin and you can find her over at The Balanced Life.  I love finding blogs/IG users like this!  People like her help remind me and keep me focused on my own personal values.  It's a lot of good common sense and self-care.  Just what I need right now.

I finally canceled MoJo's preschool registration at the preschool we attended last year.  I think I seriously had tears in my eyes when I sent the email.  Knowing Joey won't get the same wonderful experience that Morgan had last year....seeing the same littles and their parents who I've come to know...visiting with Judy in the office while I wait for class to let out.  Sentimental Mama here.
Morgan and her school friend Everly at the pool.  
Instead, Morgan will be going to the same school her Daddy went to...out in the country.  It's only a 10 minute drive from our house.  I'm excited (and nervous!) for this new adventure.  I've got a good start on the mile-long school supplies list and they are supposed to start in 2 weeks -- already?!?!

And I still have not bought a minivan nor any other child-toting vehicle.  I know.  You were dying to know that.  I'm testing out keeping my Highlander - either with removing the 2nd row middle seat (making captains chairs) and utilizing the 3rd row OR cramming the infant carrier into the middle of the 2nd row.

We've also been waiting on the sale of our condo.  We had buyers and a contract and everything last week.  We signed our counter offer and then?  They backed out -- cold feet at the last second.  Gah!  Guess we better keep praying to St. Joseph!
Winning.  Until I unload them and lay them down for naps.  Then not so much.  Happens EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. From the sounds of it, I'm thinking renting car seats sounds like the best, least stressful option - if you do it, please be sure to share your experience because the hubby and I have been wondering about the whole traveling with car seats situation. And totally know how you feel about the condo. We had buyers do the same thing with our house so we will be sending up some prayers too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Joseph isn't coming through for us either. I say boot Morgan to the back and create a third row for her! Put the baby in the second row! Yay for school starting in 2 weeks! I love schedules! Just say no to car seats on planes. You aren't going to have enough arms to manage all of that! They don't need anything but the airplane seatbelt! Rent the seats with the car (though prepare yourself for filthiness)! Good luck with the dress! Wish I could help you out! Do they have maternity Rent the Runway dresses?!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!