31 August 2014

Confessions

Everyone and their mother are doing the Whole30 it seems.  I bought the book and have been thinking about it, I even tried out some of the dishes.  What I can't seem to get on board with, though, is no cheese.  No cheese?  What kind of life is that?  And no grains.  I like oats & brown rice & quinoa, what can I say?  I know it's only 30 days so I need to decide if I can commit to those two rules or not.  I understand the purpose of the 30 days and the restrictions are to get your body to re-set itself.

The husband's on board, though he may starve to death since he only eats like 5 vegetables.  Also, I lectured him that I can't control what he shoves down his gullet every day at work and if left to his own devices...Plus I've heard people get really cranky from detoxing the sugar out of their diet and I'm not sure if my family could stand me any crankier. #crabbypreggo

Via Amazon
Overall, my desire to undertake a Whole30 might be outweighed by my desire to bake oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies.  They are my fall jam and I just can't deprive myself in my current state.

I bought an espresso machine.  Thank you pregnancy insomnia for making me order that in the middle of the night the other night.  Ironic, isn't it?  Now I have to hunt down the good beans and actual espresso cups.  Thank God for Amazon.

My laundry room light fixture broke (Hallelujah, that thing is so ugly) so I'm looking for a new one.  Can you have too glamorous of a fixture in the laundry room?  Ever since I saw this gold urchin fixture, I can't stop thinking about it and need to find a place in my home for it.  Then I get all crazy and think "I need to makeover my whole laundry room!"  Um....now's not the time.
Via Etsy
I visited with some friends the other day and my friend Dahlia, who is from Egypt, is such an amazing cook.  She made us a fresh raspberry pureed drink with lime and mint that you pour carbonated water over.  She also made a delicious asparagus soup.  So clearly I had to purchase a handheld immersion blender.  How have I lived this long without one?

I am completely over buying maternity clothes.  I'm at the point where all that's comfortable is the husband's t-shirts.  I just stocked up on a bunch of fall NON maternity goods and can't wait to wear them.  Let's hope they fit before spring arrives.

Oooh, and I found the best pants ever at Target.  Sweater pants.  That's what I'm calling them.  They are light weight, stretchy, and perfect for fall.
They are cuter in person, swear.  Available at Target.
I've been hocking bags on eBay.  It started out when I wanted a new fall purse and I had a hard time justifying ANOTHER purchase when I have several that I no longer use.  So I figured I'd sell them on eBay.  It was my first time selling anything and I was amazed that I got almost what I paid for out of both bags I sold!  The hubs laughed at me at first, thinking it would be a big waste of time.  He wasn't laughing when I transferred that Paypal money into our checking account.  #mamasmakinmoneyyo  Now I'm kind of addicted and looking for what I can sell next.  I wonder what the going price is on toddlers?  #ikid

Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. I get so confused about all of these diets. I did a 7 day detox and was aloud to eat brown rice and quinoa but whole 30 doesn't allow it. Is that stuff good or bad for you?! Does anyone really know?! Yay for the espresso machine! Love mine! When is your due date?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!