We had a very low-key weekend this past holiday. It was nice because we knocked out some big "To-Do" list items. Nothing too exciting, more just clean-up type stuff.
The Hubs and I had a day date on Labor Day and it was nice to just enjoy a long lunch & talk. We looked at furniture for the new baby and drove ourselves crazy with the decision-making. Any way you look at it, we will need to buy an entire room of furniture, whether it's new "baby" furniture (aka, a crib) or new furniture for one of the big kids and pass down their set to the baby. My stubborn husband ALMOST cracked and said he was tempted to find out the gender now (after all this waiting!) in order to make this decision easier. Say what?!
| 31 weeks and I'm pretty sure the baby is going to bust right out the front door. |
Moving on...
I got familiar with my new immersion blender and whipped up some asparagus soup:
It turned out amazing! All fresh, roasted veggies. The kids wouldn't touch it, of course.
Speaking of MoJo, they spent a lot of time in their new sand box. I needed something for them to do outside that was safe and not too expensive since we packed the pool away. This has been a BIG hit! If only it weren't for the allllll that sand in unmentionable places....seriously. How do they even do that?
And we ate popsicles in the back yard almost every evening. Please disregard our unsightly yard. The whole project is on hold til next year. I'm supposed to receive the plans in the mail tomorrow from our landscape design architect and can't wait to see what we're working with.
My baby girl starts dance classes next week and we are all SO excited! Guess I'm gonna be a dance mom, lol. I was never exposed to dance growing up, and I SO wish I had been!! I think I would've loved it.
| Had to make sure her dance wear fit her! |
Did everyone else take advantage of all the great Labor Day weekend sales? I know I sure did. Wowza. And those retailers KNOW what they're doing, because sure enough, even today I'm getting emails that say "Tammy, you still have a few items left in your cart....here's 40% off to finish the job". Thanks.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!