Has it really been a month since I last blogged? Yes, yes it has. SOOO not on #fleek. In case you're wondering what fleek is, ask your toddler. Mine keeps me updated on all the latest cool-kid terminology. I had to urban dictionary that shizz. Turns out? I'm officially old, lame and out of the loop.
Anyway, Claire is growing up way too fast. My sweet little newborn is now a roly-poly infant. She's 3 months old already(!!!) and sweet as can be. Morgan & Joey are a handful of naughtiness. Lordy they are something! Our days are so long...currently we are awake from about 5am - 11pm and that leaves me pretty wiped out. Also? #gohomewinteryouredrunk Seriously. Over. Winter. I need to get these kids outside to burn off some energy!
She's really been smiling SO much! She responds to our voices and is even trying to "talk" back to us.
I'm not sure what she weighs, but she is in 6 month clothing already. Glad to know all that breastfeeding is doing some good. Girlfriend loves to eat!
This darling boy....where do I begin with him....he has the sweetest heart. And he's all boy ;) That is meant to be understood as he is TWO hands full. He is up by 6am every morning now (which is so much earlier than he used to wake up, what the????) He often will go into Morgan's room and try to wake her up, but Miss Princess likes to sleep in. If she doesn't wake up to play with him, he comes to our bedroom and will stand in the door way whispering "Mommy....I'm awake.... Mommy!" He gets in trouble for climbing up in the shelves in Morgan's closet, waking everyone in the house at ungodly hours, and throwing food, among other things. Also...he does not stop talking. Ever. We have to remind him to take a breath every once in a while ;)
Then there's Morgan. About to turn 4. Or 15. She has some serious toddler OCD and suddenly a steel trap memory. She keeps us on our toes for sure. She can be so sweet to Joey, but has a bit of a mean streak about her too. She gets in trouble for slicing up his face with her finger nails and her potty drama. Also, at nap time and bed time, she always has to make sure her room is picked up and everything is lined up just perfectly before she can get into bed. Drives me bonkers!
She changes her outfit approximately 4 times each day. She loves school, but has recently gotten in trouble for not listening. Her teacher told me last week she almost called me to come get her because she was really out of hand. WHO gets kicked out of Catholic Preschool?!?! Apparently my kid, that's who.
We hosted my husband's cousin's family over for dinner one night. Their sweet baby Anabel is one month older than Claire. Claire is such a haus! lol!
| Sweet cousins! |
I've been totally preoccupied with finally making some changes to our home that we wanted to make when we moved in a year ago. Hard to believe we've been here a year already! Lots of things in the works that I hope to document on the old blog because who doesn't love a good "before" and "after"? I'm keeping busy with calls and emails and texts and visits with contractors and I kinda love it.
Here's a little sneak peek at what's going down in my kitchen in the next two weeks. New granite counter tops, a new granite composite sink, same existing cabinets, new cabinet hardware, and I still have to pick out back splash tile. I'm more excited than a normal adult female should be about this project!!
I also can't stop thinking about this sheep's milk cheese I found recently: It is melt-in-your-mouth heaven. Go find it imeed. It pairs well with my obsession wine, a New Zealand Sauv Blanc called Nobilu.
I found my way back to my Pilates studio, have been doing some cardio in the basement and am working on my nutrition. I've been cooking a lot more and am loving experimenting with new healthy recipes. If I ever get my act back together, I'll share some of those here on the blog.
Overall, life is wonderful, if not exhausting! I'm trying to make this year one where I focus on health and happiness for all of us.



I love getting all caught up with your little family! A few things we have in common: Luke is 4 months and still in our room! We are moving him next week after my MIL comes in town but I too have had the hardest time moving him! Also I said we were done having kids bc the Hubby got "his boy" BUT lately I've totally been wanting a 4th (and final ha!) Hubby's not on board so we will see :) lastly, I would love to see your recipes!! I've been trying to get healthier too and cook better!! Your kiddos are so cute!! Now I just wish we lived closer for a play/wine date! ;)
ReplyDeleteI so wish we lived closer too, a play/wine date would be so much fun!! Haha, maybe your hubby will come around for #4? Tell him, what's a little more crazy added to the mix? ;-)
DeleteBeautiful family! Sounds like your kitchen will be beautiful but I don't envy the construction chaos in the meantime! I have to try that cheese! They say that goat's milk cheese is so much easier for us to digest than cow's milk. I've been trying to eat better for health and weight too. You should try Plated. It makes life sooooooo much easier for me in the cooking department.
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to try Plated!! I'm THISCLOSE to pulling the trigger, but am wondering if they are worth the $$$? I guess if I'm only ordering for me and the hubby it's probably not too terribly expensive. Ya gotta find that cheese, it's incredilbe. Smoothe, not gamey. And I did not know that about the digestion...thanks!
Delete