18 February 2015

I Must Confess...

I'm copying Amy over at Mrs. Mommy (go visit her and send her some love and kind words as she enters the final weeks of pregnancy!), with this whole confessions thing.  I can't ever seem to find time to blog, let alone make it interesting and pick it up where I left off, so this random confessional sounded like a good idea.

I confess:

  • I am so over winter.  
Sorry about the F*Bomb... but this cracks me up every time.
  • This week canceled all of life and we are housebound.  I was supposed to get my kitchen reno at least started.  I can live without that for now (it's been held up by one thing or another for so long at this point), but more importantly, we are supposed to have a bday party for Morgan on Friday night.  Speaking of...
  • I don't think that party is happening.  And my Dad is flying in for it.  And nobody will be able to make it up our driveway even if Snowpocalypse 2015 does cease fire for a minute.  I'm going to have one very sad little 4 year old :(
  • And even if the party were happening?  I have NOTHING prepared for it.  Unless you count cookies & cake.  That stuff was ordered weeks ago.  Priorities!
  • Morgan's turning 4 and I can't even believe it.  Where did my baby go?

  • We spend our days letting the kids change outfits 50,000 times and wear whatever they want.  Pink hats and all.



  • I miss my newborn.  Claire is a chunky, squirmy honeybadger.  And she catnaps for 30 minutes at a time.  JUUUUUST enough time to do...well...nothing.  Go to the bathroom?  Switch the laundry?  Adhere to dictator demands x 2? Clean up a mess?  Scrub a dish?  Grab a fistful of food?

  • This baby WILL. NOT. NAP. longer than 30 minutes. Ever.
    • I tried out eyelash extensions and kinda hated them. I loved not applying & removing mascara, but hated the way they felt - crunchy, hard, and you cannot rub your eyes.  They irritated my eyes and were a little painful.  Maybe I just have super sensitive eyes?  They got all wonky after a few days and then started falling out so I had to get them removed.  NOT FUN.  Now I see why people get addicted and just get them filled instead of removed. I just want to roll out of bed with a full face on, is that so wrong?  But for the cost, I think I will stick with my $6 tube of mascara!
    BEFORE                                       AFTER
    • I haven't seen the outside of my house since Sunday.  Unless you count the 1/4 mile trek down to the mailbox late last night because I was desperate for fresh air.
    • I'm eating way too much.  I blame breastfeeding...but really?  It's winter's fault.
    There, just a few things off my chest.  Now I can go back to child monitoring, wishing winter away, and looking at the clock to see if it's too early to start drinking wine.  Carry on.
    Photobucket

    4 comments:

    1. Hopefully the cookies and cake will be enough to please Morgan if the party is not able to go on! Boo for the snowpocalypse:( We don't have the snow here, but it's still way too cold to be out and about and I am getting sick of being in the house too!!! Love how the lash extensions look, but they seem like a pain to keep up with, so I think I'll be sticking with my mascara too!:)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Please send some mild southern weather my way!!

        Delete
    2. So in all of your free time (ha! kidding!) you should read Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Child. Mine was the same way until I read the book and figured out how to fix that and all her sleeping issues! Totally life altering!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. OMG, that book is my BIBLE. Thanks for the reminder to go back and re-read it! All it tells me at this stage, is that Claire is a short napper :( Some kids are, some aren't. I'm going to start working on implementing more of the strategies this week since she will be turning 4 months old.

        Delete

    Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!