Just popping in to say hi. These 3 kids are keeping me crazy busy, day and night. And Little Miss Claire?
Well she turned 5 months old (how?!). She also will only take 30 minute naps, which means I get very little accomplished every day. I thought it was just a phase but so far, it's been that way the past couple of months no matter WHAT I try. I even dusted off my old copy of "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" to try some of the recommendations there (they always worked before!) and NO DICE. This girl ain't havin' it.
And? She wakes up twice a night to feed. Every. Single. Night. Prior to going on a little getaway with the hubs to California last month, I had her sleeping through the night. But ever since we got back, we party twice a night.
She's not into solids, I've tried a few times with the rice cereal (I guess I'd gag on that too, ugh!) so I'm going to try with sweet potatoes this week. She's still nursing like a champ, but does get a bottle of formula from time to time.
She's super happy, smiley and pretty darn laid back. I guess you have to be with her big bro and sis around. She also drools SO MUCH that I've had to bib her most of the time. She's cooing and babbling and screeching and squeaking. These past few weeks she's really found her voice!
I'm guessing she weighs around 18-19 pounds right now, so clearly, she's not suffering from malnutrition, lol. Her chunky roll thighs are about the cutest, squishiest things I've ever seen! I know I should just sleep train her again (aka, cry it out) but I just can't bring myself to do it right now. It's so easy to stumble up to her room, nurse her, and lay her back down with a full(er) belly. And then complain about how sleep deprived I am, haha. Plus I really do love that quiet, dark time with just me and her snuggling, nobody interrupting.
So that's about it. Not much going on in the land of diapers, feedings, and trying to keep the house in a reasonable state of chaos. Actually, there IS a lot going, but nothing interesting! Blowouts, toddler fights, tantrums, the neverending laundry and snacking....ahhh, this is paradise folks.
I hope to pop back in again soon and share our Easter and some changes headed our way!



Little Claire bear! Love her little cheeks:) She is such a mixture - I see both Joey and Morgan in her sweet little face! Looking forward to some more updates, and glad to hear that you all are doing well!
ReplyDeleteOMG she is beautiful!!! Don't feel too bad, though I know it seems like this will never end, Ivey didn't sleep all the way through the night until 9 months old. I was going to recommend that book but looks like you're already in the know! Thank heavens she's so darn cute, right!?
ReplyDelete