Every time I think about writing a blog post, I tend to get overwhelmed at all the things I've missed posting: photos (because what Mom DOESN'T have her iPhone photo storage near full at all times?), stories about the funny or awful or wonderful things the kids are doing, Mom & Dad adventures, products I'm loving, recipes or workouts I'm trying...
So I guess my best attempt is to take it one post at a time and not try to cram so much in. But I can't make any promises.
This sleepy head is up and RUNNING at 6am every morning. I can usually get him to lay in bed with me for another 30 minutes. He's obsessed with watching movies, specifically Despicable Me and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Over and over again. Totally new territory for us.
I've been trying to eat healthier - isn't it always a struggle? But this was SO easy. Threw some Mahi Mahi in the pan with some seasoning (LOVING Flavor Gods Everything Seasoning right now, I get mine on Amazon - of course), some steamed broccoli with a teeeeny tiny bit of Light Italian dressing and some strawberries. I could eat this meal every day! And it took maybe 10 minutes to put together. I'm trying to eat more fish, but I don't eat Tilapia, so that leaves Cod and Mahi Mahi that are readily available around here.
Picnic-ing at the park on weekends Daddy is working.
Trying to entertain the big kids with a luxury pool:
This little boy. He's about to turn 3 and is just SO MUCH. The tantrums are beyond epic. He has such a sweet heart though, so we'll keep him ;-) We've also been attempting potty training, but he's a tough nut to crack. He'll be 100% on point for 2 days, then completely reverts to Baby Status. I don't get it.
Lovin' on Baby Sister. Morgan is such a good big sister and helper, she just adores Claire and I hope they grow up having the same bond that I share with my sister.
I've been going to Pilates and loading up all 3 kids to go workout at the YMCA. The loading and unloading alone should totally be considered a workout. I want to do more cardio but it's been hard for me to fit it in (let alone muster up the energy for it).
Even though this post is not exciting, it is our every day life and I am loving every second of it. (Except when all 3 kids are screaming at once, then I'm not so much loving it, lol!)



Mama, serious kudos to you. I need to learn your ways. If you can do life with three kids of young ages, than I can certainly handle it with two - though at times I really question if I can do it! I literally avoid going out in public anymore because I can't handle the thought of packing everything that needs to go with us at all times, unloading both kids, and then hoping that they both make it through wherever we go without screaming. The stress is just not worth it, lol. Eventually I will be brave enough, but not yet. So, online shopping and I have become best friends:)
ReplyDeleteI remember having two -- and it seemed impossible most days! (I thought after having 3 I would look back and think 2 was so easy, but nope, it.was.hard) I think people don't always get that it's not the fact you have 2, it's the fact that they are so close in age, so little and so dependent and needy all the time. I STILL avoid going out in public because they are just so hard to all wrangle. Screaming is always a given, regardless of how well I think I've prepared. I so agree, the stress is just not worth it!! Hang in there, it will get easier! You are doing an awesome job!!!
DeleteI was so excited to check your blog today and see TWO posts. Kase loves Despicable Me. I might have to get Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I'm all for a solid hour and a half of not terrorizing the house or his sister! I'm hoping this fall when Kyla goes to 4K I can take the other two to the gym with me.
ReplyDeleteHope your first week of work is going well!