09 September 2015

Fall: Are we really doing this?

I'm bummed that summer is over.  It didn't seem like we really had one since it rained for half of it!  I should be working on homework right now while Miss Claire naps (oh, did I mention I'm currently taking 3 classes? Heaven help me.) but I'd rather talk about fall fashion. I mean, I really just cannot stomach anymore assessment techniques material right now.

Back to Fall Fashion.  I need help.

Like, help that is somewhere between convincing me "yes we are really doing this" and an intervention.

Did anyone take advantage of the Labor Day sales?  I got some great deals and am like a kid on Christmas when I see the little brown UPS truck making his way up our mountain. Of course, the kids got a bunch of stuff too because they are growing like little weeds!  Every time I turn around, Morgan's or Joey's pants are too short, or a belly is sticking out.  I can't keep up!

First up in the "Are we really doing this" category:

Peep toe booties.  After way too many hours wasted debating and searching, I bit the bullet and plunged head first in for these:

Kristin Cavallari Laurel booties

But are they practical?  The 4-inch heel tells me HELL NO.  What business does a middle-aged mother of 3 small children have running around in these?  None.  They will probably only get worn on the rare date night when it's not too cold out yet, in which case I'd be wearing full foot boots/booties.  But are they cute?  Um, yes!

I really really really wanted these:
Steve Madden Paulina.  Where are you?

and searched high and low, but it appears I'm about a year too late to that party.  I'm still perseverating over here.  Help me through it.

Next up:  Are we really wearing flare jeans?  No, be honest with me.  Really?  I didn't buy any (yet) because I think I need to warm up to this trend a little more.  So if you see me rocking them a year later you can totally laugh at me.
Paige denim never lets me down, so if I were going to get adventurous, I'd go with her.
I mean, Schaffer from PTMT always looks cute in anything, but she swears they will make you look skinnier and taller.  Sign. Me. Up.  I will say some of the flares look a little too bell-bottomy or high-waisted for my liking.  THAT I won't do.  I have standards.

I tried something new in an effort to be a little more trendy, and that is a shapeless shift dress.  I LOVE IT.  My husband's going to hate it.  But hey, if I feel good in it, that's all that matters right?
Lush 'Karly' Shift dress
And then of course give me all the plaid to wear while sipping my skinny PSL and wearing my ridiculously impractical peep-toe booties:

This one came in a recent StitchFix and I love it. It's a little longer in the back so it might work with leggings, but I think I shrunk it when I washed/dried it.  Oops.
I might get REALLY crazy and turn my Street Level Reversible Tote (I love that thing!  Beats all of my more expensive purses HANDS DOWN) inside out, so that it's brown instead of black.  Watch out!
Street Level Reversible Tote.  That would be Vegan Leather yo.  
How about you -- did anyone else out there find any good deals over Labor Day weekend?  I leave you with this, because I care:


Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. I have the same bag and LOVE it. Going on over a year strong and I agree - way better than any name brand one I have had (I am done buying name brand until my kids are older as all of my purses get thrashed!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously that is the best IT bag! And I'm right there with ya on the good ones getting ruined by little people, lol! When I say "vegan leather" people are like "oh...so...pleather?" HA!!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!