19 November 2015

5 Quick Things

Remember when I used to have a blog?

Life is flying by at warp speed and it's SO hard to take time to sit down and blog.  But I wanted to record an update on our lil family and what we're up to, so here's five quick things:

1.  I'm still working part-time and going to school.  I feel like there's never a spare second to catch my breath.  We go on winter break soon for school, so there's that.  I'm on the fence on whether or not my job will work for us long-term.  We are facing childcare issues in the near future and then there is the problem of some nights I don't get home in time before the kids go to bed.  No bueno.  But it has provided sanity and the ability to maintain my nursing license, so there are some pluses.  And I really like my coworkers and patients ;-)

Some mornings we ride together. And some days we even have lunch together.  No kids to interrupt, ha!
2.  Morgan and Joey love school.  We've had some (what I assume to be typical?) issues with not listening and I feel like a broken record harping about it.  But at parent-teacher conferences, I was so proud at all the wonderful things their teacher said about them.  And that they both excel at math and science (what?)  They are learning and growing so much, so fast.

3.  We are moving.  That's a whole other series of posts all in itself.  We're not in a rush and will probably table it til after the holidays.  We've been looking for 6 months now (in addition to me stalking the MLS like its my full time job) and haven't found anything that we loved or didn't want to completely renovate.  And we're not renovators.  We're considering building and we want to move back to our old town.  It's really beautiful and peaceful out here in the country, but we're not really country people.

More importantly driving this decision though, is school for the kids. Morgan starts Kindergarten next fall (somebody hold me?) and we're just not sure where we want to send the kids to school.  Building a house probably won't happen on that timeline.  Yes, we considered schools before we moved out here.  Some nights if traffic is bad, it can take an hour to get home from work.  And everything we do outside of work and school is downtown Cinci or north of that, so it just makes sense.  Basically if I could take this house, pick it up and move it back to our old town? We'd be golden.

4.  I'm so excited for the holidays this year!  It's going to be so much freaking fun with the kids!!!  Every day I'm thinking about things we can do and how I can really begin to teach them what this holiday season is all about now that they're starting to grasp concepts.  We've already adopted a family to buy gifts for and I can't wait.  We've already baked some treats and had a few Christmas tunes filling the house.

5.  Claire is all over the place and is trying so hard to walk!  I want another baby.  Insert the teeth gritting smiling emoji.  Too bad that's not possible for us now.  I always say IF it were possible, IF another pregnancy wouldn't kill me, and IF he/she could be as easy/healthy/happy as Claire has been...  And then I think how perfectly lucky I am to have the 3 sweethearts I already have and that settles any urges.

How about two more things...because 5 isn't enough?

6.  I started Invisalign 6 months ago.  I hate it.  Pretty sure I've already extended my treatment time by double for being non-compliant.  I got rubber bands a month ago and I just can't.

7.  We are back into being obsessed with The Walking Dead.  I literally have dreams about the zombie apocalypse.  I base life decisions on whether or not it would benefit us should the world be ending.  I might have a problem.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What?! You're moving???

    Without being creepy, where did you used to live? We bought a house in Liberty Township right before we found out we were moving to Indianapolis. Womp womp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a life update! That's awesome that the kids love school! Good luck on the house hunt. We're actually talking about just up and moving. But not like closer to the city. Like across the country. We have nowhere specific in mind, but just brainstorming. We may be crazy, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!