07 February 2011

29 Weeks & Dad's Visit

My Dad came into town for a visit last week.  It was nice to have him around!  We took a day trip to Columbus to visit my Grandma, Aunt, & Uncle and to pick up a china hutch that my Grandma was giving my dad.  It was an adventure as we realized right before we left that the hutch wouldn't fit in my jeep.  I had the brilliant idea "Let's just rent a U-Haul trailer!" since I had the hitchey-winchy thing on the back.  So we get all the way up to Columbus, get to the U-Haul place and guess who doesn't have the ball and insert in her vehicle?  Moi.  So this cheap trailer rental turned into a more expensive ordeal, but it was worth it.  I love having a piece of furniture in our family that's been around so long and has so much history.  Oh, it's beautiful too!

We stayed busy while my Dad was in town, but we also did a LOT of eating and lounging around/relaxing!  Aside from our trip to Columbus, we went to Union Terminal and wandered the museums.  Made a trip to Home Depot (yes, this is exciting), watched old Western movies, and ate waaaaay too much at the Brazilian Steakhouse.  There might have been one night when we had 2 desserts.  One of us might have had 3 (it wasn't me!!)


Things I'm looking forward to this week:
-Getting my hair did
-Movie night with the girls.  Yes, we're going to a RomCom and the Hubs can't stop me (he hates 'em!)
-Getting my massage with Bernita
-My OB appointment on Wednesday.  Am I weird to look forward to my doctor's appointments?  They're not (as of yet) unpleasant, I like hearing the heart beat, and most of all, I like PROGRESS.  I'm going nuts with this long winter, being all couped up and just getting larger and larger and larger!

Speaking of larger and larger, here's a pic for good measure.  Even my head is getting fat:




My darling hubs had the day off from work today and ordered this, most presumably so I'd stop whining about it.  I keep saying "In just 10 1/2 weeks, this baby is coming!  Don't forget: He or she could always come early!!"

It's not the most appealing piece of furniture, and yes, it screams "I belong in a nursery rocking a baby!" but it will get the job done.  And my hubs is never one to pass up a great deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!