OK...we're 30 weeks in. 10 weeks to go. Unless I go early...my cousin Jennifer had her baby today and she was 4 weeks early!! Both mom & baby are healthy, Anayla Daniel Thorne weighed 6 lbs, 3 ozs. I can't wait to see pictures!! Is it so wrong of me to be just a little bit jealous? ha ha...I just want my lil nugget to get here, but not QUITE yet. (So stay in there and keep baking little Baby K!)
And last night I had a big scare. Joe was out of town for work and I was getting my hair done in the evening. Jen (friend and hair goddess) was telling me a story shortly after finishing my hair. Suddenly I start feeling this HORRENDOUS pain in my lower abdomen. Severe cramping and tightening -- enough to take my breath away. I'm SUPER uncomfortable, maybe even starting to fight back tears (yah, I'm a big fat wuss) but wanting to hear the rest of the story. The pain worsens, and after a few seconds, I feel lke I might pass out. Or throw up. Or just spontaneously combust. So I jump up, run into the bathroom and I think I might have screamed. It hurt. THAT. BAD. I came back out two minutes later, totally hot, flushed, full of my typical-Tammy red rash/hives. Still feeling nauseated, but the pain was starting to ease up. When I described it to Jen (who is a mama herself) she said "Yep, I think you had your first contraction dear".
I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THAT! If that's the case.....how do we turn this truck around? Seriously. I am not cut out for this! All this time I just keep putting labor out of my mind and try not to worry about it. And if one more person says "the pain is worth it", I might get violent.
Had my monthly prenatal massage today and we are now at the point that I have to lie on my side because my belly is too big. It was BLISSFUL. Seeing Bernita every month has been a very pleasurable way to pass the time!!
I also had my OB appointment yesterday. Nothing new there. Well....except for another 6 pound weight gain. Since I didn't gain any at the previous appointment, I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. Letting it go is a lot harder than I ever would've imagined. Ironically, yesterday was the FIRST time my Dr. didn't ask me if I was having any contractions. And then just a few hours later *Poof*! Contraction! Anyway, I'm supposed to be seeing him every 2 weeks but he said not to come back for 3 weeks. I guess he is that UNconcerned....a good thing, I know. He said my belly is growing right on track, so I'm happy.
Not much else new, but it's as cold as Minnesota here lately. I'm over THAT as well as my inability to bend over. *sigh* It's supposed to get up into the mid-50's next week, so I welcome that with open arms.
How far along: 30 weeks
Total weight gain: 27 pounds and no end in sight. Oy.
How much does baby weigh: Almost 3 pounds. 15.7 inches long. (That's so weird to think about something that big living inside me!) Baby is now the size of a head of cabbage.
Maternity clothes: Yes. And just larger scrubs. I bought some cute Valentine's scrub tops and thankfully VDay is Monday, because I will get about 1 more wear out of them. They are already too snug in my belly and I just bought them!! Don't get me started on bras...
Cravings: Still anything sweet. Carbs, carbs, carbs. I hope I love meat one day again. I have almost zero interest in cooking these days.
Sleep: Is alright. I toss & turn a lot to keep all my pillows where they should be in order to stay comfortable. I've been napping almost every day for 2 hours. I get reeeeaaaallllly tired.
Movement: Lots more movement now and I can tell the baby is getting stronger. I feel it especially in the evenings. But I've noticed it during the day too, while at work. I can see someone squirming around in there. It's so weird to look down and see/feel your belly move side-to-side!
Belly button in or out: Still flush/even. The top has begun to topple out a little bit, but for the most part, it's hanging in there!
What I'm looking forward to: Girls movie night out tomorrow night for the new Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston flick. My hubs returning home. My baby shower next weekend. Finding a new dress for the baby shower. The glider rocker getting delivered. Finishing the nursery. I have a to-do list a mile long!
Oh, and the wall decals I ordered that were coming from Israel -- still not here. Shocker. I contacted the seller on etsy.com and he assures me everything is being held up due to all the winter weather problems around the country.
I'll believe him for now...don't make me come over there little Israeli guy...
Milestone: 70 days to go! Baby's eyesight is developing. I need to find a pediatrician and my OB doc gave me a couple of names and numbers, so that's next to-do. Oh, and I may have panicked early about the stretch marks, I'm still stretchy free for now.
What I miss: Ice cold beer. Wine. Sleeping all night. Walking without pain. Bending over without stopping breathing. My old clothes. My single chin (ha ha!)



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!