31 December 2011

Where'd My Baby Go?

In a matter of days, Morgan has been army crawling, rolling, pulling and using any means she can to get from point A to EVERYWHERE.

Baby on the move...she covered every square inch of this corner in a few minutes!
Last night, as I was about to give her a bath, I laid her in the center of the Queen size bed just long enough to turn the water on in the tub.  This was a whole 3 steps away from the bed.  By the time I turned back around, she had somehow thrust herself upright -- and forward -- and was hanging off the edge of the bed, head first!  She's become very daring in the past few days.

Yesterday, while she was playing on the floor, I heard a strange noise.  "Whoosh-whoosh.  Whoosh-whoosh".  I peeked up from my computer to see she has figured out how to open and close the sliding drawers of the media console.  Awesome.  Guess we will be doing some baby-proofing this weekend. 
BUSTED!!  She pretends to be playing with her pillow pet....but Mom knows she was getting into the drawers!
She has figured out that if she's sitting and gets me to come stand next to her - or walk by - all she has to do is grab onto my pant leg and I won't/can't leave ; )  Little stinker.

She SCREAMS when she doesn't like something.  Such as wiping her face after eating. 
Devouring a cheese puff.  Leave me and my dirty face alone!
It's just SO bizarre to think this was a teeny tiny little preemie baby whose personality hadn't emerged yet.  She used to be content to be placed wherever we plopped her down -- and she'd stay there.  Ha!

Lately when she wakes up from a nap, she begins babbling immediately, as if she were in the middle of a conversation.  It's pretty cute!

I don't know what's up with her sleep, but lately, it's been terrible.  Up multiple times at night...difficult to put to bed.  It's frustrating, but she seems to wake up happy and at the same time every morning.

She's also going through a phase where she only wants Mommy.  Especially at night.  There are times she doesn't recognize Daddy if he takes his glasses off or if he tries to comfort her in the night and it's dark.  She reaches for me and grabs on tight.  I admit, it feels great to be needed, but I feel really bad for the Hubs!  She still says "Da-da", but no "Ma-Ma" yet.

I know this is all normal and I'm so happy she's developing and growing.  But it is a little sad to think that sweet tiny baby is growing into a little girl.  Tonight I AGAIN went through her dresser and weeded out the too-small clothing.  I found several 3-6 month sized items...(hello mom fail).  We've been hitting some MAJOR online sales lately and she's gotten a ton of new clothes up through 24 months.  EEEEK.  My baby.  24 months?  I can't even imagine, let alone think that far ahead!  Plus the new baby will be here then and I'll get my baby fix all over again ; )

We are laying low this NYE...Daddy's on call and we plan to stop by his cousin's house for a small gathering, nothing too wild.  Tomorrow, I plan to finally put my Christmas decorations away, ha ha!

We want to wish everyone a Very Happy and Safe New Year.
I hope 2012 brings you all the joy, health, blessings and happiness you need. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!