I can't believe it's April already?!
Weekend:
We had a great weekend! Actually, all we did was race to places and eat ourselves into oblivion ; ) When you're pregnant, that qualifies as "great", ha ha! I didn't get to go to the jewelry party Friday night - the Hubs didn't get home from work til 9pm. Boo. Ah well -- it happens and I am used to it by now, being married to a hard-working guy with a demanding job. As it turned out, I was exhausted from being up since 4:30 am that day, so I didn't mind just going to bed early.
Saturday I got a Maternity Massage. It. Was. Glorious. I went to a new place and it was very spa-like. They even had a fancy bathroom with a heated toilet seat, lol! The gal had me lie on my side and I feel like they just can't work your muscles as deeply as if I were lying on my belly, but at this point? Belly laying is not possible. Don't get me wrong though, the whole thing felt so amazing. Scalp rub. Leg & Feet massage. And then I came home and cleaned like a maniac (smart, huh?)
Saturday night and Sunday was more eating. And some amazing napping was done.
![]() |
| Out to Brunch Sunday morning at Orchids. |
![]() |
| Gimme those glasses! |
We realized we can take Morgan to a restaurant, no problem. But there is an acceptable window of time that she will sit and be entertained and that window is about 45 minutes MAX. We can do snacks, toys, books, iPhones...but after 45 minutes? Forget it. Game OVER.
This age is SO fun though because she is eating pretty much everything we eat, so we just went through the buffet line and were able to feed her too. It's funny because if she sees something I'm eating and she doesn't have it? She lets me know she wants some too!
Pregnancy:
I am in full-on nesting mode. I realized this when I discovered I had a sudden hatred for all things filthy -- and cleaned my jeep out on Saturday. That is EXACTLY what I did the weekend before I had Morgan and I remember thinking the same thoughts "Everything is just filthy. Disgusting. Ew. Gross! Must. Clean. Everything. NOW."
This week, I will begin my 3rd trimester of this pregnancy. I can't help but have that constant little naggy voice in my head saying "You remember, Morgan came prematurely just 4 weeks from now...you better be ready lady!" Baby K #2 -- you better stay in there longer! Because I'm your mother and I said so!
I've been quite irritable lately. Which has been awesome for my husband ; ) I'm really not liking our dog right now either. I won't get into it, but let's just say she's not on Mama's good side. And she knows it.
I think this baby is going through a growth spurt because I feel like my belly grows more every night. Lots of movement happening. And the return of lower back pain and strain in my pelvis. I feel like I have pulled every muscle possible down there. Ugggh. It hurts to walk or bend over. Tonight I have a date with my bath tub and some Tylenol. The leg cramps and heartburn are a nightly occurence.
Still working on the Great Name Debate. I am loving the name Caroline for a girl. Feminine, yet strong and classic. (No middle name yet). Hubs is semi-on board with this. Our next door neighbor has a granddaughter named Caroline and while we don't plan to live here forever, I had hoped this summer her and Morgan could be little playbuddies. There are NO little children around where we live, so we'll take a neighbor's granddaughter if we get a chance to play outside with her.
We have about 4 or 5 boy names that are just "Okay...I don't HATE it."
Nesting:
As mentioned, we had some cabinets and a pantry closet installed in our teeny little laundry room on Friday.
This is what happened:
![]() |
| AFTER. We can hide the clutter, lol!! {Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics}. |
I'm thinking maybe paint the walls in a fun, fresh color (aqua?) and adding a fun rug, like chevron or striped or something to liven it up a bit. I'd also like to add some hooks on the walls. And maybe even a little decoration. We'll see, it's a pretty small room and I don't want to clutter it up again.
I can't stop thinking about THESE:
I've been wanting a pair of mint green skinnies and knowing full well I'd need maternity jeans if I want to wear them NOW. Lo and behold, Asos has a maternity line to save the day. Ever since I cleaned my closet out and hauled a load to Goodwill, it just seems so bare in there ; )
And I'll end this all over the place post with pics of my sweet girl, who's just been SO fun lately. She's been sleeping and napping well, playing more independently and discovering new things every day. I'd like to document for my memory that she is in that stage where she is throwing EVERYTHING off her high chair. My big pregnant belly bends over so many times in a day, it's no wonder my back is hurting! Oh well.... I heart her!!
![]() |
| She thought she was so funny surprising me as I came up the stairs! |
![]() |
| Just a family field trip to Kroger. I got a balloon and it's pretty special. |
![]() |
| Just enjoying some cheerios on the floor, Monday morning 8am. Because they all end up there anyway. |
![]() |
| I'm telling you, this girl LOVES her Cheerios! |













ahh your girl is so cute. your laundry look great
ReplyDeleteCheck it out if you are interesting.
I'm giving a giveaway for a design blog, the talented sisters from Truly Your blog, they will be drawing a blog something you want, with props, a draw picture that look likes you. Interesting? Go on and enter and hope to win... TODAY is the last day to enter
http://www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/first-giveaway_29.html
Today is the last day to enter... Go on, its fun :D
Sacha www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.com
Such precious pictures and that last one is priceless! The laundry room looks great and Im sure you will definitely love to hide all those things in those cabinets as well!
ReplyDelete