30 March 2012

High Five for Friday

I'm linking up (or at least attempting to for my first time) with Kate from The Small Things Blog and doing High Five for Friday!


Here are my Five Highs:

1.  I have been up since 4:30am.  This time it was pregnancy-insomnia rearing its ugly head, and not my screaming child (BTW...she slept in.  Go figure).  SO MUCH on my mind.  But I decided to take advantage of this energy restlesness and get some stuff accomplished.  Pumped some Starbucks VIA into my blood and WATCH OUT WORLD.  I'm gettin' stuff DONE. 

Like..... got my Master Bedroom Closet (well, my side at least anyways!) cleaned out.  Sorted through "Donate", "Store Away for Winter", "Store Away til After You're Done Popping This Baby Out Because No Way Will This Fit You Anytime Soon" (that was a hard category to admit to, but I did it).

{Now I just need to physically load the stuff into my car and DRIVE it to Goodwill.  I have a bad habit of putting the donation stuff in bags and letting it sit for...oh....EVERRR.}

2.  There are men in my house right now.  Installing cabinets and a pantry.  I even talked them into swapping my washer & dryer around (because I was working backward all this time, the doors opened into each other, and it drove me crazy!).  All it requires is new, longer hoses and they are gonna get me some and install them.  Score!

3.  I am going to a jewelry party tonight.  SANS CHILD.  I feel like a naughty teenager who's gonna sneak out of the house and stay out late.  In reality, I'm going to wear a dress and probably home in bed by 10, but I'm excited.

4.  We have some fun things planned this weekend - AND the Hubs is off.  Tomorrow evening we are having some friends over for dinner and maybe games.  The weather is supposed to be gorgeous so hopefully we'll be grilling.

Sunday we are having brunch at one of the BEST brunch spots EVER (we had our wedding there) with some of the Hubs' colleagues and their sweet families. 

And Sunday evening we are having dinner at my Mother-In-Law's house for a belated birthday dinner for my Hubs.  I'm giddy about the fact I won't be cooking this weekend!  And my MIL is a fantastic cook.  They are Italian and they do food RIGHT.

5.  After much indecisiveness that was paralyzing my progress, I finally bit the bullet and ordered curtains and bedding for the nursery.  The price in a recent PB sale catalog was lower than what I saw online, so I had to call and SPEAK to a LIVE PERSON to order (oh no! Who does that anymore?) but it saved me some good money.  I LOVE a sale.  In fact, I refuse to buy anything anymore at regular price.

The curtains will arrive late next week and then I can select a paint color.  The bedding is on backorder til June, but whatevs.  We'll survive.  I decided I'm getting the bare bones and doing everything in Gray+White.  Once the baby is born and we know boy or girl, I will accent with another color to prevent it from being too boring.

If this baby is a boy:  Possibly Aqua or Orange. Or both?  I even like Yellow + Gray.  Oh boy.

If this baby is a girl:  I'm loving Lavender with Gray.  I could do Pink + Gray too - either hot pink or light pink.  Decisions decisions!

PB has coordinating fitted sheets (and other bedding) so I can go any of those routes and it will all go together.  They are such an enabler of my commitment phobia ; )


The only downside to my day:  There are men in my house right now, as mentioned.  Making a lot of noise.  I have a child who's gonna need to nap reaaaaalllllyyy soon.  They will be here all day.  Eeeek.

And I really need to stop looking at clothes online.  I don't really need any more maternity clothes (except maybe for 2 special events coming up in May).  And there's no point buying much in the way of non-preggo clothes right NOW.  I have made sure to stock up on larger sizes of comfy stuff for after baby is here and I'm sure I'll need to run out for a few things at that point.

But aren't these CUTE (both from Francesca's)??

ADORABLE.  But not baby bump friendly.

I would totally wear this running errands with Morgan.  But I need another striped dress like I need another hole in my head.
Also going on right now?  EVERYONE here is in a giant tizzy over the big UK/Louisville game in the Final Four this weekend.  We are SO NOT big sports fans, but even I'm catching some of the b-ball buzz.  Who knows, maybe I'll even turn the game on?  Wear a little Cats Blue? (My hubs attended Grad School at UK, so there's our connection.)

And lastly, I wouldn't mind winning the $500+ MILLION Mega jackpot this weekend.  I'd give lots away to charity, PROMISE!

Happy Friday!!!

1 comments:

  1. YAY TAMMY!! You linked up!! You accomplished stuff on your list!! You got stuff on the nursery!! You need to call Starbucks and be in an add for that coffee :) (Sorry I'm now seeing this, guess my directions on how to link up were a bit late!!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!