16 March 2012

Friday Ramblings

This is gonna be a miscellaneous post...

She looks so grown-up in this pic :(
  • All this warm weather has me dreaming about working out (ha, like I did before I was pregnant?), tanned legs, and bright colors.  So I've been buying a few things to get me through, mostly lounge clothes because I have NO larger sized comfy clothes!
  • Morgan has had some rough days this week where she just cries and/or screams and crawls around after me.  No toys interest her, she doesn't want to play....*sigh*  I left her with a family babysitter last night and I'm afraid she was the same for her.  It's GOTTA be her teeth because it seems there are about 4 or 5 new ones trying to poke through, so I try to keep up with the Tylenol when she gets real fussy.  I have read that teething pain is some of the worst pain to experience.  I've tried Baby Orajel (too sticky, ends up everywhere but where it needs to go, like her lip & tongue), frozen teethers (she's not interested) and cold wash cloths.  She will chew on her hands and rub her gums...
  • Today, however, she was in a GREAT mood!  We went for a stroller walk and made an Old Navy run.  She smiled at strangers and twirled her ankles in her stroller, just a happy little camper!
  • Feeding:  Oy.  I am struggling here.  Tonight she ATE a TON of something I whipped up out of the blue:  Rice, chicken & Carrots.  {Nevermind it was microwave rice, canned shredded chicken, and canned carrots, all heated together}.  Girlfriend DOES NOT WAIT for meals.  I guess I need to get out of the mindset that she will eat like we eat.  As in, it's perfectly fine to feed her oatmeal for dinner.  Right?  Right.

  • Can I just say I am completely tired of wiping/sweeping/picking food up off the floor?  There has GOT to be an easier way than my pregnant belly, down on my hands and knees 3x/every day.  My friend said "Boy you've really not gained much weight this pregnancy!"  I said "It's my new workout, I pick up cheerios 375 times a day."
  • The other night I was holding Morgan in one arm and had a Girl Scout cookie in the other.  I took a bite of my cookie and before I could chew, she snatched that thing right out of my hand!  Popped it in her mouth and smiled.  Little stinker!  She was a peanut buttery-chocolatey mess and LOVED it.  She is my daughter, lol!  I really haven't let her have cookies and sweets so I will have to be careful about overdoing it.  But it was SO cute ; )
  • As mentioned, I got a babysitter last night and attended a Healthcare Heroes Awards dinner where my Mother-In-Law was honored.  It was nice to get all dressed up and eat a grown-up meal without a toddler climbing all over me!  But I missed that little monster...  I REALLY wish I would have gotten a picture because my dress showed off the bump and I am in dire need of some updated bump pics
  • Speaking of the bump -- I'm 25 weeks today!  The heartburn/esophagus fire is back with a vengeance.  I lost a few pounds due to that whole pneumonia/bronchitis episode, but thanks to one of my Hubs' patients -- whose God-given talent is baking pies -- we have a mongo blueberry pie begging to be eaten ; ) 
  • The baby's been moving a LOT lately.  Recently at night I've felt a very strange/new sensation.  Without being too vulgar, let's just say it feels like this kid is trying to make a getaway with one foot out the door.  I mean, I've experienced pressure down low, but this?  Is something different altogether.  It makes me jump in bed!
Here's a pic from the NICU visit we made a few weeks ago, to see all the great people who took care of Morgan while she was there:
 I can't express how grateful and full of respect and admiration I am for this group and what they do every single day!

This is Pam, and she is just the BEST.  She read my palm when I had Morgan, and then again on this particular day.  She predicts we will have FIVE (yes, 5!) children, lol!  I ran into her at the Healthcare Heroes dinner last night and told her I've been waking up in cold sweats thinking about 5 kids, ha ha!
I was whining to the Hubs the other night about my aches & pains and I said "This baby may be it for us....I don't think my body can handle any more pregnancies."  He said "This can't be it!  We have to have at least 3!"

"Why is that?" I asked.

He said "So in case the first two are total screw-ups, we at least have hope with the third!".  Ha ha ha ha.  Well I guess that's better than FIVE!!

3 comments:

  1. 1. Morgan is becoming such a little girl...those teeth coming through kill me!
    2. You look so great in the NICU pictures..keep those baby bump pictures coming!
    3. What a great visit to the NICU....I am sure they appreciated the visit and seeing how far little Miss Morgan has come.
    4. Your daughter knows a good thing (or cookie) when she sees it...I can't blame her for snatching the yummy goodness out of your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This age is so tough but you will survive for sure! Thats so funny about the cookie. That would be so something my Morgan would do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously we are on the same page with our girls! Are they twins?! Hadley has been grabbing at me, crying, moaning, unhappy for days now and it's driving me mad! At this point I know it HAS to be her TEETH! Hope your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!