I'm losing my mind. I was going to do a "So What" post...but then realized it's not Wednesday. ANNND I don't know how to link up.
So this will be random - and I hope I enjoy looking back at this some day.
Today in the exciting life of this SAHM, I cranked out 6 loads of laundry. I washed, dried and put away every single dish. (OK, that's an exaggeration, there's a full load cleaning now in the dishwasher). I might lose my Woman Card here....but I have a confession: I HATE HOUSEWORK. Yes I enjoy a clean house, but I detest doing it all. There, I feel better now. When I hear a woman say "Oh I just looooove keeping my house all neat and orderly, it makes me soooooo happy!" I kinda wanna punch her in the throat. Thank you pregnancy hormones. You know what makes me happy? When my cleaning lady has been here.
We had some lunch with my friend Jennifer, and although it was a bit cool out, enjoyed sitting outside for a while.
![]() |
| Strangely she left her hood up, but ripped out any hair accessory I tried to put in. |
![]() |
| Chillin' with Jennifer in my hoodie. |
She also started saying "Oh. OHHHH" today, like you are telling her a really fascinating story. I cracked up EVERY TIME.
THEN this evening, something that I have been dreading finally happened. My child ate dog food. I lived to tell about it, although I'm still gagging. She seemed quite proud of herself! I was refilling the dog's water dish and let my guard down, because that's the dish Morgan ALWAYS heads for - to splash around in. By the time I walked the full water dish back over to where we keep the dog's food, Morgan was on her knees with her back to me, holding onto the dish.
I said "Morgan...No No. Get away from Dakota's dog dish."
She didn't even turn around. She just bobbled her head at me, the way she always does now when I tell her "NO". Sassy Molassy.
I put the water dish in its place and then picked her up and she smiled REAL big at me. I could see dark brown crumbs around her mouth. Horrified, I stuck my finger in her mouth and swiped out NOT ONE, but TWO pieces of dog food. EW. EW. EW. She just giggled and kept making chewing motions, making me wonder if there was more in that little gullet of hers. (There wasn't). Little stinker! God I love her.
![]() |
| Post-Nap hair. It's getting a little outta control over here. |
I MUST get our Master Bedroom closet cleaned out and we need to make our main floor living room a little more kid-friendly. Right now it looks pretty but isn't functional. And I'm not hauling TWO babies up & down a flight of 14 stairs every day come June. So now that I put all that on my blog, I will be held accountable, right? Right.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



IM another one who hates, hates doing housework. I love a clean house but actually doing the work just doesnt sound fun. Its the same thing with cooking I love cooking but hate cleaning the dishes!
ReplyDeleteI don't like housework either. Emptying the dishwasher and vacuuming are my least faves. But when I do clean the place, I'm always happy afterwards. I heart my cleaning ladies too!! Those are the best days :) Too funny about the dog food - with 2 black labs in my house I'll have to watch that one when our little peanut is crawling around!! Girl, I'm right there with you on the projects list. I spent the last two days completely focused on 2 of 3 rooms that needed major assistance. Felt good... until I remember my before-baby-comes-list and had to then go focus on something else... ugh.
ReplyDelete