19 March 2012

Our Weekend

What a GREAT weekend we had!!  The Hubs was off work and the weather was PERFECT.  Saturday - St. Patrick's Day - we lounged around and then headed down to the Levee.  It was SO gorgeous outside and there were lots of people wandering around the plaza, live music, and some sort of circus performers.  We had some late afternoon Dewey's Pizza (my favorite - YUMM!!  They have the BEST salads too!).  It was fun to see all the people dressed up for St. Patty's Day in green -- some people really went all out!  A great day to people watch ; )

We stopped home for a quick diaper change and decided to take Dakota to the dog park.  She LOOOOVED running wild & free and Morgan loved watching all the doggies.  The Hubs then ran to the grocery store while I got Morgan fed and ready for bed.  He brought me home a Shamrock Shake from McD's -- I've NEVER had one before, but thought I should try one, just to be festive ; )  It was yummy!

Sunday, we were up EARLY.  Correction:  Morgan was up EARLY.  Since this time change a week ago - and with it staying lighter later at night, she has been going to bed earlier.  But getting up earlier as well.  {What gives???}  Anyhoo, since we were all up at 6:45am (ouch) FOR THE DAY, we decided around 8 to get ready and go out for breakfast.  We hit my very favorite breakfast joint, Mokka's.  They make the most AMAZING Creme Brulee Cornflake French Toast with Bananas.  Seriously people, this is no joke....it is life-changing french toast ; )

OK, I realize this post so far is allllll about food.  Can you tell who loves to eat these days? lol!

And a few pics.  Please excuse my freakishly white and bruised legs.  And my hair.  I guess I didn't feel the need to do it.  At all.  OMG I need some self-tanner and 6 months of pilates or something.  Anyway, everything is turning green and the trees & flowers are beginning to bloom.  I love spring!!




The first thing my sister said when she came to visit and saw my belly was "Wow, you're carrying this baby LOW!"  She's right.  I am 25 weeks, 2 days here.  Baby #2 is moving a LOT, especially at night.  I am 5 pounds lighter than I was pregnant with Morgan at this stage.  I am sleeping pretty well now.  I FINALLY feel some energy returning (I think it's this weather, for realz!).  We are tossing around names - still.  Sadly, we are nowhere near having one picked out.  The heartburn is back and out of control, but usually resolves with a Zantac.

I can't believe that next week I go in for my Glucose Screen.  And then?  It's every 2 weeks to see the doctor.  Whoah!!!  Still SO MUCH to do before our sweet babe arrives (that's another whole blog post altogether that I have started sitting in "Drafts"), but for some reason I'm not really stressing over it.  It'll get done.  Or not.  I am whatever the opposite of a Type A personality is, and while sometimes it drives me nuts, I'm OK with that ; )

On Sunday afternoon, I ran out alone for a little "Mommy Time" to get a pedicure.  I wandered into Sephora for some eye cream and came out with THIS:
 
I am SO excited about the Naked Palette!  All the HYPE I've heard....and these colors are truly gorgeous.  I am such a makeup junkie!  In addition, I picked up some fun bright cream blush and some eye cream.  The eye shadow primer potion came with the Palette and there's a sample of another eye cream the gal fixed me at Sephora.

Of course, I had to try a little blush out on my model.  Along with a top o'the head pony tail for that long crazy hair of hers... OMG she looked so cute!
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have two things that are very important to say!

    First of all Morgan is too freaking cute!

    Second of all you are gorgeous! You are so cute pregnant!

    I'm glad that you guys had such a great weekend! We must talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you, you are too sweet! Glad we got to catch up a bit tonight ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That french toast sounds amazing! Too bad we dont have one of those restaurants near us. You are so cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look GREAT! I'm carrying much lower this time too and asked the doctor about it- she said it's probably because the muscles are stretched from the first pregnancy since I had so little time between #1 and #2. Could be the same for you?! I sure wish you lived in Virginia cause I think our little girls would have some fun play dates!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!