Another weekend gone too fast. I wish I could say I felt like it was productive, but....
The Hubs and I have a tendency to get derailed easily sometimes. Usually, one of us can keep the other one's A.D.D. in check, but this weekend? We both had it bad.
I planned to get an end table and chair for our main floor living room because there is no comfortable place to sit and nurse a baby, nor any where to set things on. (Um, kinda key...right?) I also intended to get more nursery stuff done, and lastly, make a decision on a vehicle purchase. No biggy (ha!)
While we DID go look at cars...the entire mood for the weekend was set when the Hubs presented a printout of exactly what he wanted. He was ready to order it. Until we were told what he wanted was limited edition and they stopped making them now. There was ONE left in the whole country that hadn't sold yet - 300 miles away. Wrong options, wrong color. I think that just left us both deflated and headed back to square one. It was a Jeep and he hasn't had a new car in FIFTEEN years, so I was willing to go along with his choice.
![]() |
| See what I mean about getting off track? Uh, honey? That's not exactly what I had in mind for a "Family Vehicle". I don't think 2 car seats are going to fit in that back seat! |
So after a little Chipotle and lots of talking, we decided to explore some other options. *sigh*
And as for all the other stuff? We did everything BUT what I set out to do. Let's just say at one point we were going to go to an open house for a dream house we found -- and um, we're not even in the market for a new house right now. {The thought of moving/selling our place/etc. makes my head spin!}
We ended up driving an hour away to look at some Pottery Barn furniture at the Outlet store and bought the last missing piece of our bedroom set. Because we really needed THAT right now. (Sense my sarcasm?)
![]() |
| Oh Good. I hope the new baby likes this... |
Today, however, I'm back on track, getting stuff done. I had some guys with bigger muscles and better balance than me come and move some big pieces of furniture/junk/clutter down to our basement. Must. Make. Way. For. Babies and Toys.
Currently I'm on the hunt for a good toy storage system -- I'm thinking a cube shelf with baskets to stuff toys & books in. Thinking something like this, from IKEA:
With a few of these baskets:
Right now I have one giant basket and it's not cuttin' it! So if you have any suggestions, send 'em my way! It will be in our main floor living room and highly visible with our open floorplan, so I don't want it to be an eyesore. But I want it to be functional as well. My thought is, down the road, this thing could be moved to a future playroom.
| I think she's tired of my shenanigans. C'mon Mom....get it together! |
And I'll end with a funny story that I'm still laughing about: Have you dealt with any Craigslist Crazies?
I listed a behemoth entertainment center that's been collecting dust in our garage for 2.5 years. So I list it. I get LOTS of interest. Then the Hubs changes his mind....says we can put it in our next home in the basement or something. As much as I want it OUT OF HERE, I have to agree with him, it's pretty modern looking & versatile, so we decide to keep it.
Meanwhile, one of the people who was interested kept texting me, telling me to HOLD IT for her. I never responded to that request, because let's be honest, we all know people stand you up/blow you off/etc. and holding something for someone is never a good idea, lest you get burned (I have before). I let everyone know the unit was no longer for sale. I got a NASTY text back from this lady saying "So much for holding it for me, huh? Unacceptable!!!!" I felt bad for a hot minute, then was like Um, OK. Whatever Lady. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and not about to take your crap.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend...Happy Monday!
.jpg)
.jpg)



Yeah for upgrading the hubs car. Whats the next option? Buying a car is never a fun experience but the outcome of a new shiny car is. It sounds like he deserves it!
ReplyDeleteHe's thinking of waiting til they come out with the 2013s, but that's 4 months away. In the meantime, he's trying to convince me to buy his mom's Cherokee - then I'll REALLY be just like you Rach! ha ha ; )
DeleteWe are also looking for toy organization and cant find a perfect match so if you find one please let me know!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the ikea shelf! A friend of mine has that exact one in her home and did baskets in every other cube with books and big stuffed animals in the open cubes. It looks great!!
ReplyDelete