Wow the weekends go by way too fast, yes?
I helped work on painting the nursery. Holy Pregnancy Hormones Batman. I'm fairly certain I need a tranquilizer after all this.... The color I selected didn't turn out quite the way I had envisioned. {Shocker.} It was more baby blue than gray. It looks nice, but...now I need to rethink my bedding & decor options. ENTER: Lots and lots of mind-changing and a whole lotta indecisiveness.
For a few hours today I was absolutely going to re-paint. I even trucked down to Lowe's (whose color-matching computer system was broken - perhaps that was a sign??) AND Home Depot and came home with 4 little sample pots of different shades of gray.
And then my husband talked some sense into me. We can work with this. No. More. Painting. I need to make a decision and move on. Period. So that's what I'm doing, moving on.
Here's a sneak peek of that little disaster:
When I wasn't fretting over the nursery, I spent time with my little family. We hit up Smashburger on Friday night:
.jpg)
Mommy & Daddy enjoyed burgers while Little Bit had a PB sammich & mandarin oranges. Meanest parents ever.
We went out to Nana's house on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed sitting on the porch, picking Lilacs, feeling the warm breeze, and playing with a water bottle.
And we rediscovered an old toy that we suddenly are obsessed with while looking ridiculously cute:
So much to do in the next 10 weeks. I have been in a bit of a panic because I know IF I go the full 10 weeks (God Willing!), I won't exactly be feeling up to running around and doing a whole lot physically towards the end. So the race is ON.
On our master to-do list? Oh, ya know....the usual:
- Buy a new vehicle. Something we've been putting off and must get done. The Hubs needs a new vehicle that will fit 2 car seats. We are both just dreading this process.
- Get our back porch tiled. Because THAT's a priority, right? We don't have a lot of yard space that is kid-friendly, so the thinking is we will maximize the livable space inside and spend lots of time out there this summer. We darn well better sleep out there.
- Complete the installation of blinds/shades in our house. We got mad at the last business we had contracted, fired them mid-job, and then just abandoned it. 2.5 years ago. Um, this is more The Hubs' deal than mine. I could care less but want to be as supportive to his wants as he is to mine.
- Finish that nursery! Includes ordering a glider rocker & ottoman.
- Carpets cleaned
- Make our main floor living room kid-friendly. It's SOOO not ready. Currently Morgan and I spend a lot of time in our upstairs/loft family room that has a big TV, most of her toys, my computer, etc.. But I am not hauling 2 babies up a flight of 14 stairs multiple times a day.
- Buy remaining baby necessities/breast pump supplies/mommy necessities.
- Finish my list for the hospital bag -- then pack the darn thing.
- Finalize childcare arrangements/schedule for Morgan.
- Breathe.
Now, I realize not all of this stuff is essential. BUT, I know from experience I am going to be somewhat incapacitated for a while after my c-section. And I'm not gonna want people coming in & out of my house doing work. Family? Yes. Strange men? Not so much.
Oh, and did I mention my Dad is coming to visit in 3 weeks?
And my Mother-in-Law is graduating from her Ph.D. program, for which we are having a big party?
AND I got asked to sit on an advisory board as a former breastfeeding NICU Mom for the hospital where Morgan was born in an attempt to secure some grant funding? (Awesome opportunity that I couldn't be more excited about, but man...the timing! They are aware of my "situation" though, so we're good.)
So if I don't have many blog posts coming in the next few days/weeks, it's because
Ready? Set? GO.
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



I see the word panic and I think the worst...aka:pre-e/hellp. Dont scare your blogging buddy! :) the nursery looks great but I am like you and fret over such small things and details. Our husbands sound alike because Brian's response would be the same...it is staying, move on! Sometimes life is easier when you think like a guy! Everything will happen...10 weeks is plenty of time!
ReplyDeleteToo funny, that actually crossed my mind when I used the word "Panic"...I didn't want anyone thinking something was actually wrong. I should've changed it to "Pregnancy Psychosis", ha ha! I agree, I wish we thought like men. Good thing they put up with us!
DeleteIt's so nice to know that someone else has the same panic happening! I am making a schedule for Hadley and am so worried about someone keeping her on track and what will be happening with her while I'm at the hospital. You got this girl! Good luck with everything in the last weeks!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you too dear! I will be thinking of you and your family! And I can't look at your nursery anymore because I get too jealous, lol!
DeleteI'm proud of you for not repainting, since I went thru 4 different curtain options before settling on what's in our nursery (hubs wanted to murder me). I actually love the color though- so pretty! Good luck with your list!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one!! PS: My curtains are going back too, but it's only the first time (so far, ha ha!) I'll be checking every day for progress of E's arrival!!
Delete