26 April 2012

Thursday Randoms

Time is flying by...

I'm still nursing this wounded leg from my falling out of bed episode.
What started out as this, 2 days ago:

Gross.
 Is now this:
Grosser.

It's OK.  I didn't want to wear shorts anyways for the rest of this summer.  {Please disregard my WHITE mottled looking legs, that's the norm these days.  WHERE is the sun???}  It hurts to sit, walk and I cannot lie on my right side.  OK, I'm done whining about that now ; )  On to better things!

I made a FANTASTIC meal last night.  It was one of those, just throw-it-together and hope for the best meals.  I saw the Quinoa on someone's blog and now can't remember whose blog it was to give proper credit (sorry!!)  The Hubs really doesn't do vegetables, so the fact that I was able to toss some in AND it was ALL pretty clean?  Awesome.

Lemon Pepper Broiled Salmon + Quinoa w/tomatoes, peppers & feta.

I'd give you an official recipe, but the title pretty much covers it.  The only thing I've learned about Quinoa is I have to cook it in chicken broth or it's just too bland.  I used red/green/yellow peppers and chopped up some tomato too.  Sprinkled in a little feta and *VOILA*!  I'm pretty excited to eat it for lunch again today too!  The recipe I originally came across had pecans & green olives in it too, but I skipped those.

Had another routine OB appointment yesterday.  Baby's heartbeat was good & strong, just like we like.  My growth is right on track.  No weight gain in the past 2 weeks.  My OB's suggestion for these crazy intense leg cramps was to wrap myself in bubble wrap, ha ha!  Otherwise, not much else going on.  Baby is moving a lot these days and I love it!

I asked about the hospital's policy for allowing Morgan to visit me while I'm locked up admitted since it will likely be 3-4 days, minimum.  I can't even imagine being away from her for that long :(  He said as long as she's free of any respiratory illness and up to date on her vaccinations, no problem.  This eased my anxiety a little bit over being away from her.  She will be in good hands with Daddy & Nana at home, but still...

I also asked if I'd have any more ultrasounds between now & delivery.  Nope.  As long as everything continues to go well.  He said the insurance companies have really cracked down on extra ultrasounds.  I could always go do one of those elective 3D/4D ones, but I'm going to see this babe in person in just 9 short weeks.  I think I can wait.

Morgan was just a little lovepie yesterday.  I worried that all our running around would throw her naps off and we'd be dealing with disaster come night time.  She ended up taking a late LONG nap at 4pm.  By 6pm, as much as I didn't want to, I had to go in and wake her up.  I think THAT has happened maybe twice EVER???  Girlfriend must've been tired!!   She was in such a terrific mood the rest of the evening and we let her stay up a little later than usual because her Nana stopped by.  And I knew she wouldn't be tired at her normal bedtime, so why force it?

I have a 14-month post for Morgan almost ready to go.  I wish I had been more consistent with those monthly posts, but now that's she's past the 1-year mark, I don't feel so much pressure.  I just want to document how much she's changed and grown.  The fact that she now has SEVEN little teeth, is almost walking, and is turning into such a little girl needs to be written down.

I've been so productive getting the house ready for Baby #2's arrival!  Even the Hubs has commented on how much I've gotten done.  But then of course, the nursery has stalled a bit.  I feel good where I'm at with everything and not so anxious anymore.  I also think all this energy will probably leave me soon and I gotta take advantage of it now!

I heard from some old co-workers this week.  And I realized there's been a giant shift in my perspective:  When I used to talk to them before, after we were done I'd worry that I was missing out on the "work world".  For the first time...that didn't happen.  I'm perfectly happy with where I'm at right now and I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be.  That's a great feeling!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, your poor leg!! I hope it feels better soon! Morgan is so adorable, I can't even imagine how much you will miss her while in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...your poor leg! Hopefully it looks worse than it feels. Yeah for making it to week 31 with no signs of anything unwelcome in pregnancy....huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your leg must hurt SO bad :( we need to see new nursery pics!! Morgan is a doll, looking forward to her 14 mo post! Ahhh so nice to not have that longing for the "adult only working world". I'm so glad to hear that!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!