13 June 2012

Dr. Appointment today

I'm trying, but not doing a very good job...


I reeeealllly had my hopes high today for SOMETHING.  ANYTHING.  Progress of any sort!

But my OB checked me today and said I was still "About the same".  So evidently the meds are doing their job, despite the fact that I can barely make it 3-3.5 hours between pills.  You can only take them as frequently as every 4 hours.

I also expected to be released from bed rest since I am 37 weeks on Friday.  PLUS HE SAID I COULD GO OFF IT at my appointment last week!  He's making me stay on it til MONDAY.  Because he wants Father's Day off.  Awesome.  I felt like a little kid arguing with him..."But you said!!!!!"

He said he'll take me off both the medication and bed rest Monday.  And then?  Who knows.  I don't know how fast things will happen after that.  I called to get clarification on something and didn't even get a call back.  He wants to check me on Monday also, instead of waiting until my usual Wednesday appointment.  Will it happen that fast?  Or will that appointment be a waste of time?  If nothing has changed...

Needless to say I'm grumpy.  I will resume blogging when my attitude is a little better.  I feel like such a whiner, but here's the thing:  I can handle the meds and the painful contractions and the physical misery (albeit with a lot of whining).  What I can't handle is being confined to my house - namely the chair, couch, bed rotation 24/7, doing nothing but thinking about how miserable I am.  I've barely seen the outside world in the last month.  OK, this pity party's over now.

I need to remind myself:
I'm healthy.  
This baby is healthy.  
This baby is full-term.  
This baby will come home with me. 
I have everything I need.  
I have so many people who care about 
and are helping us. 
I am blessed.  I am blessed.  I am blessed.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. i was just thinking of you today knowing it was wednesday! i know not the news you want to hear but think, NO NICU TIME! :) you get your baby at home where he/she belongs. hang in there...before you know it, you will be a family of 4 and you will be watching morgan kiss on little miss/mr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making it to 37 weeks! It'll all be over soon, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!! I cannot imagine how miserable & bored you must be, but the end is in sight! Only 5 more days & you are a free woman! And like the previous posters said, a) you have made it to full-term & b) God willing, you will be able to take that sweet baby home with you with NO NICU time! That is huge! Praying these next 5 days go super fast for you! You are doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!