- I've been off bedrest for 4 days now and while it has been AWESOME, my husband keeps taking my new mommymobile to work, leaving us vehicle-less! Boo to that. He desperately needs a new vehicle, but it might be a while seeing as how we just bought mine.
- Anyway... Morgan and I ventured out Wednesday to get groceries. Exciting, right? I hadn't been to the store in over a month! It took me forever and I had to keep stopping for contractions (while not making a scene), but we made it through. I had big grand plans to run all over the place yesterday, but that one trip to Kroger wore me out!
- Summer is here! I really wanted to take Mo to a splash park with the MOMS Club yesterday, but I don't think I could wrangle her myself right now. So we've been keeping cool by playing out back in her little pool and splash table. I let her go diaperless and she loved that. I fear I've started a new obsession for her because getting a diaper on her has become nearly impossible since then!
- And it's a good thing I got off bedrest when I did -- because little Miss is WALKING! We knew it was a long time coming since she took her first steps alone over a month ago -- but she just needs to gain more confidence. Also I've noticed she walks more when she's not thinking about it and people aren't making a big deal over it. She'll be carrying a book around, looking like she's reading it, just walking along. But as soon as I say something or divert her attention, she gets all wobbly and plops down. Same if I whip out the video camera...I have to be very discreet. Meaning my 10-octave higher, screechy, excited, annoying Mommy voice has to be stifled ; )
| I gots places to go Mama! |
| Look out, I'm coming through! |
- Morgan has also figured out how to climb up on the furniture and loves to sit on the couch now, so in between chasing her around, I'm dodging heart attacks to keep her from falling off the furniture!
| "Don't mind me mommy...I'm just gonna hop up on the couch and get out of that sunlight!" |
- In other toddler development, Morgan has been so much more emotional lately. She is obsessed with grabbing people's noses and last night when we told her "No", she got SO sad...quivery lip, and then full-blown dramatic crying. Needless to say there have been a lot of tears this week. A preview of what's to come with raising a girl?? She also cut another tooth, so that's not helping the crankiness.
- As far as the pregnancy front goes...still hanging on. As mentioned, still having lots of contractions, but they haven't been regular when I've timed them, so nothing to get excited about. I've mentally accepted I'm going to be pregnant for another 7 days ; ) I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
- I ordered neon pink shorts for my post-baby bod. Hopefully that will motivate me to exercise and make good eating decisions from the get-go. Let's just say laying around on bedrest for 4+ weeks did nothing for my physique (but a small price to pay if it helped baby stay on the inside and grow safely a little longer!)
And here we are at 38 weeks! Gettaloadofthatbelly!
Total Weight Gain: 22-23 pounds.
Wickedawful Heartburn.
Really weak/deconditioned from a month+ worth of bedrest.
Lots of contractions all day and all night.
I sleep best from 3am - 6am.
Baby #2 parties AS SOON AS I lay down every.single.night.
Nursery is Ready.
Mommy is Ready.
Hospital bags are packed.
You can come anytime now Baby - we can't wait to have you here!!!!!
EDIT.jpg)
+EDIT.jpg)



Oh goodness mama...you look gorgeous! And that baby bump is to die for. You rock pregnancy! And tell the hubs he is going to have to fend off the boys from Morgan with eyes like the one close up.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh you are gorgeous! You make me want to be pregnant! Hang in there! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
ReplyDeleteYay for mo! That's so exciting that she is walking!!
I have repeat what the ladies above me said. You look amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable! I can't wait to see pictures of this new baby and hear the name. I'm obsessed with baby names. Morgan is precious! I think she and Gracie are only one day apart, gracie was 16 months on the 22nd.
ReplyDelete